Command for processing music tracks

tomimatko

I don't know if there is a command for processing music tracks? If there isn't, I suggest adding a command for Processing music tracks. It would be ideal if it could load the entire music library and perform what is set in 'Process music tracks'. I wouldn't have to do it manually every time; it could be scheduled overnight to be automatically done.

Is this command okay: makelibrary <normalize:-9.0;skip> World Pop? So, I want to perform normalize for the songs that are in the World Pop Library. However, when I run this command and open that Library, there are no songs at all, so this command empties the Library World Pop?

OK, now I understand that this type of command format doesn't exist, but can such a format be added? So that it only processes music tracks without adding from a specific folder?

Is this command okay: makelibrary <normalize:-9.0;skip> World Pop? So, I want to perform normalize for the songs that are in the World Pop Library. However, when I run this command and open that Library, there are no songs at all, so this command empties the Library World Pop?
You should create this command using the Tools->Schedule library update command in the Music Library. This will be much easier and you will have 100% correct command that does what you need.

OK, now I understand that this type of command format doesn't exist, but can such a format be added? So that it only processes music tracks without adding from a specific folder?
If tracks are added to the library, they are either already processed (if you used makelibrary command), or they can be processed manually; once they are processed, there's no reason to process them again, so this a command to process a library doesn't make much sense.

I often manually add songs to the Library because I must assign tags or ratings to individual new songs (it's logical to do so when add new song). But sometimes there are over 100 new songs, and then I don't have time to wait for the "Process audio tracks" to finish its job. Especially if it has to go through all 5 processes, it takes quite a long time.
So, I thought it would be best since the songs are already in the Library to schedule the Process tracks to run overnight. I hoped that scheduling the Library update would be the solution, but it's not because if no folder is added, it deletes the entire Library!!! That's very dangerous for me, that a wrong command could delete the entire Library! This should be fixed, and while you're at it, why not make it so that, for example makelibrary normalize:-9,0;skip|silence:skip "Funky" processes new songs in the 'Funky' Library. Very simple.

I often manually add songs to the Library because I must assign tags or ratings to individual new songs (it's logical to do so when add new song). But sometimes there are over 100 new songs, and then I don't have time to wait for the "Process audio tracks" to finish its job.
Processing of 100 tracks will take <10 seconds to finish.

I hoped that scheduling the Library update would be the solution, but it's not because if no folder is added, it deletes the entire Library!!!
You can create a command (using Tools->Schedule library update) with correct source folders, and it will process all tracks for you. One other option is to create another library, solely for processing purposes - you will use makelibrary to update that library, not the one you work with.

for example makelibrary normalize:-9,0;skip|silence:skip "Funky" processes new songs in the 'Funky' Library
This is a very specific task and there's no much demand for it I'm sorry.

tomimatko, I did use this tool a long time ago, but it did not work for me, to set all 48k songs. I think the reason is they are all recorded at different sound attenuation. Since using it has been a mission with each playlist being audibly checked until we bought Thimeo Sound_tool now it does it beautifully.

This looks like a similar command that I got from having radioboss schedule an event to add and process new tracks. In fact, the command doesn't even look properly formatted according to my understanding of the manual. The scheduler generated the following for me...
makelibrary <normalize:-14.0;skip|silence:skip|mixstart:-31.2;skip> "music"

This looks like a similar command that I got from having radioboss schedule an event to add and process new tracks. In fact, the command doesn't even look properly formatted according to my understanding of the manual. The scheduler generated the following for me...
makelibrary <normalize:-14.0;skip|silence:skip|mixstart:-31.2;skip> "music"
If this command is generated form the Music Library, it will be correct. Unless you found a bug.
Did you run this command to check if it actually functions?

Yes, and all of the music disappeared. However, when I went to the tools menu and ran the "Rebuild tag cache" command, the database was slowly repopulated.

Yes, and all of the music disappeared. However, when I went to the tools menu and ran the "Rebuild tag cache" command, the database was slowly repopulated.
Please check if you have correctly specified source folders from which it will build the library. From the command syntax, looks like there are no source folders specified.

True. Using NVDA the field for updating the folder didn't have a readable level. It may be ideal, for general use, if anything that generated a command for scheduling returned an error if not all parameters were included. Now that I noticed the fact that the folder needs to be specified, the current behavior makes sense.

Using NVDA the field for updating the folder didn't have a readable level
Will be fixed in the next update.

It may be ideal, for general use, if anything that generated a command for scheduling returned an error if not all parameters were included
Yes, makes sense. Currently if you do not specify source folder, it treats that as no source, resulting in an empty library and no error. An error in this case makes more sense. Will also be fixed.

Back