Error saving playlist [EFCreateError]

Altec

Hi Dmitri,

Hi Use scheduler to Load at each hour my playlists in the Studio.

But sometimes, randomly, I encountered this error in the Log, and everytime it's the "altecradio_0.m3u" in Profile file, I encountered this with some of my Webradios studios too.

Thanks in advance for help

I launched all my Radioboss as administrator (UAC), and the error seems not to have returned.

Maybe a problem with file access rights ?

Where is the playlist located Altec?
I Encountered the problem with .prf and .m3u files located in "Profiles" folder in the Radioboss folder.

But sometimes, randomly, I encountered this error in the Log, and everytime it's the "altecradio_0.m3u" in Profile file, I encountered this with some of my Webradios studios too.
Can you please specify what error is it?
This file:
altecradio_0.m3u
will be created in \Profiles folder, if your profile is named "altecradio" and _0 means first playlist tab. This file stores playlist that's loaded in the tab.

Maybe a problem with file access rights ?
If you occasionally launch it as administrator, which you shouldn't do, it can lead to such problems. E.g. if a file is created from Administrator account, there's a chance that other account with User rights won't be able to write to it. To fix that, you can either reassign rights manually, or create settings backup, delete all setting files, restore backup when RadioBOSS is launched from User.

If you occasionally launch it as administrator, which you shouldn't do, it can lead to such problems. E.g. if a file is created from Administrator account, there's a chance that other account with User rights won't be able to write to it. To fix that, you can either reassign rights manually, or create settings backup, delete all setting files, restore backup when RadioBOSS is launched from User.

usually my radioboss are not launched in Administrator Mode, and I still have this error, after detected this error I launched all my studios in Admin mode, It seems the problem still present because I received an alarm from my notficiation system. It is strange that the error is randomly present on the studios.

I will study a bit longer my studios with admin mode to determinate If the problem is from user rights for files access.

Ty Dmitri

Here is examples of Errors :

[20/07/2023 13:00:27] Error saving playlist [EFCreateError] Cannot create file "C:\Users\altec\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1555506873\Profile\altecradio_0.m3u.state". Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus (Profile: altecradio, instance: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS-ALTECRADIO\radioboss.exe)

[14/07/2023 07:00:15] Error saving playlist [EFCreateError] Cannot create file "C:\Users\altec\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1555506873\Profile\altecradio_0.m3u". Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus (Profile: altecradio, instance: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS-ALTECRADIO\radioboss.exe)

[12/07/2023 08:00:16] Error saving playlist [EFCreateError] Cannot create file "C:\Users\altec\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1555506873\Profile\altecradio_0.prf". Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus (Profile: altecradio, instance: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS-ALTECRADIO\radioboss.exe)

I'm still testing and learning at the moment, I will give you other informations if I have.

Thanks Dmitri

If you had already encountered this error please give me details, mayby it could help me to solve.

I launched a checkdisk and I had errors but after repairing the problem still present

usually my radioboss are not launched in Administrator Mode, and I still have this error, after detected this error I launched all my studios in Admin mode, It seems the problem still present because I received an alarm from my notficiation system. It is strange that the error is randomly present on the studios.
You should never start is from Administrator - or, alternatively, always start it as Administrator. But do not switch. RadioBOSS is properly written and does not need admin rights to operate.

If you had already encountered this error please give me details, mayby it could help me to solve.
Looks like the files are locked by other programs - or you have another RadioBOSS running that uses the same settings folder (this can happen if you manually copy RadioBOSS installation folder to other directory and launch RB from there - this, also, shouldn't be done).

You should never start is from Administrator - or, alternatively, always start it as Administrator. But do not switch. RadioBOSS is properly written and does not need admin rights to operate.

Looks like the files are locked by other programs - or you have another RadioBOSS running that uses the same settings folder (this can happen if you manually copy RadioBOSS installation folder to other directory and launch RB from there - this, also, shouldn't be done).
Thanks for this new details, Dmitri.

Actually I'm in this case, I run from a VM, some instances of RadioBoss for different radio but, all RadioBoss have their proper folder and installation, I didn't duplicate studios with copy/past folders.

Best

Altec

Actually I'm in this case, I run from a VM, some instances of RadioBoss for different radio but, all RadioBoss have their proper folder and installation, I didn't duplicate studios with copy/past folders.
Could be some odd VM issue. RadioBOSS stores all its files in AppData folder, and it's always writeable for the current user. Unless there were modifications made with permissions - but in this case, it's not RB fault.

Could be some odd VM issue. RadioBOSS stores all its files in AppData folder, and it's always writeable for the current user. Unless there were modifications made with permissions - but in this case, it's not RB fault.

I have checked and admitted all the rights to the app data file, but the fault is still there.

In my case, I'm still receiving the error on a Win Server 2022 VM with an unic instance of RadioBoss running on that VM :

[25/10/2023 21:00:09] Error saving playlist Error saving playlist [EFCreateError] Cannot create file "C:\Users\altec\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1555506873\Profile\altecradio_0.m3u". Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus (Profile: altecradio, instance: C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS-ALTECRADIO\radioboss.exe)

If you have ideas

Thanks in advance

The problem is that file can't be written to, it's not caused by RadioBOSS - it only states the fact. Maybe VM configuration is wrong or some other cause. You can try reinstalling RadioBOSS to a different folder so it starts afresh.

he problem is that file can't be written to, it's not caused by RadioBOSS - it only states the fact. Maybe VM configuration is wrong or some other cause. You can try reinstalling RadioBOSS to a different folder so it starts afresh.
I don't think so because I have the similar Vm installed on another machine for emergency backup.

The only diffrence between the two machine is that one is installed with a SSD an the other with a RAID 5 6 To Hard Drive... I think when at H00 all the RadioBoss with my webradios load the new playlist there's a latence with the HDD.

Could it be possible ?

Thanks

The only diffrence between the two machine is that one is installed with a SSD an the other with a RAID 5 6 To Hard Drive... I think when at H00 all the RadioBoss with my webradios load the new playlist there's a latence with the HDD.
Type of the hard drive and presence of RAID array doesn't matter in this case. The error message you get states that file can't be written to because another program uses it. You can try using utility like OpenedFilesViewer to see what process locks the file: https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/opened_files_view.html

I will study a bit longer my studios with admin mode to determinate If the problem is from user rights for files access.

Back