Extra Indication for "Stop after this Track" feature

Dmitry,

We use the "Stop after this Track" button all the time with live presenter broadcasts.

We use the "Stop after this Track" and "Play" buttons - but rarely any others.

The "One track only" feature is very useful too.

We use the "Stop after this Track" button to get RB to automatically stop or pause the playlist so we can make an announcement - often an intro for the next song or a time or weather call.  Then once we have completed the announcement we click the "Play" button and continue with the music.

When the "Stop after this Track" is operated the "Coming up Next" window goes blank - indicating that nothing is coming up next until the play button is clicked.

Would it be possible to have a warning come up in that box to help indicate that the "Stop after this Track" button has been clicked and is active ?

Several times now I've used this button (with one track only not activated) and the shading on the button itself is very difficult to see (that might need to be a better colour too) and I've left the studio for 10 minutes and the playlist has stopped and we've had silent time.  Most annoying for me because I was the one that made the mistake - not RB.

Thanks, Jamie C.

radiodungog said:
Dmitry,

We use the "Stop after this Track" button all the time with live presenter broadcasts.

We use the "Stop after this Track" and "Play" buttons - but rarely any others.

The "One track only" feature is very useful too.

We use the "Stop after this Track" button to get RB to automatically stop or pause the playlist so we can make an announcement - often an intro for the next song or a time or weather call.  Then once we have completed the announcement we click the "Play" button and continue with the music.

When the "Stop after this Track" is operated the "Coming up Next" window goes blank - indicating that nothing is coming up next until the play button is clicked.

Would it be possible to have a warning come up in that box to help indicate that the "Stop after this Track" button has been clicked and is active ?

Several times now I've used this button (with one track only not activated) and the shading on the button itself is very difficult to see (that might need to be a better colour too) and I've left the studio for 10 minutes and the playlist has stopped and we've had silent time.  Most annoying for me because I was the one that made the mistake - not RB.

Thanks, Jamie C.
You can insert a "Pause" called "Announcement", or "Talk Show" or anything you want and speak in pause time... Look at pictures.
First of all, play once the pause (in other Playlist Tab) to activate the Title of the pause

Attachments

• 1 insert_pause_with_title.png
    1 insert_pause_with_title.png
    40.5 KB · Views: 495
  • 2_preview_next_track.png
    2_preview_next_track.png
    22.6 KB · Views: 429
  • 3_speaking_in_pause_session.png
    3_speaking_in_pause_session.png
    18 KB · Views: 437
Pety,

Interesting idea and very structured.  I will try that tomorrow on air and see how it goes.  I'm not sure our between song announcements can be done in a set time but I will have a try.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, I think a good solution is to always use the "One track only" feature.

radiodungog said:
Yes, I think that would be possible.

pety
Nice workaround :)

radiodungog said:
Interesting idea and very structured.  I will try that tomorrow on air and see how it goes.  I'm not sure our between song announcements can be done in a set time but I will have a try.
I think the idea is to add a pause longer than possible announcement will be (eg. 30 minutes), and then manually switch to the next track.

radiodungog said:
Pety,

Thanks,  Jamie C.
I usualy set 5555 (about 92 minutes) to be sure that pause time will not be finish and the next track wil start to play when live broadcasters speaking. After live session ends I just push "Next Track" button to play or I highlight the next track and push Enter keyboard button to play (it is easier to use keybord than mouse - my left hand push Enter, and my right hand drag down fader from mixer board).

Dmitry,

Live shows are always a challenge because lots of things can be happening:

1. Checking the details of songs, what year it was a hit, what chart ranking it reached etc.
2. Getting weather reports and temperatures off the Internet
3. Scanning local newspapers or news reports for interesting items
4. Making sure the pronunciation is correct for artists and songs
5. Drop in visitors to the studio

So the preparation for the gaps between songs can be busy - and this is where mistakes can be made

Perhaps a better solution is to make the "Stop after this track" button "One track only" by default - and a right moise click selects "on all tracks".

And, to have the button activated colour a bit brighter or darker so ot is much easier to see.  It is a very light yellow at present and almost impossible to see.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Hi, I have a suggestion:
In another radio here do the following in their live shows.
They use a soft with two players, each player has its own channel on the console. Then on the end of the topic, is carried down the volume of the song into the air, and at that point, the announcer starts talking, until just ending the song, but then the next item starts at 100% volume on the console.
The result is great, obiamente this can not be implemented in RB, it has a single player.
Perhaps in radiboss, you can do something soft. such as a volume control track, which at the end of the track, the next Begin to 100% volume (I think winamp has something similar).
Another day I'll upload a demo of this, so they can hear.

Another thing:
this the posiibilidad of a future column to split into two main panel Title (title and artist), or at least make it user-selectable.

radiodungog said:
Perhaps a better solution is to make the "Stop after this track" button "One track only" by default - and a right moise click selects "on all tracks".
The next update will remember the "One track only" state so it will remain activated until someone turns it off.

radiodungog said:
And, to have the button activated colour a bit brighter or darker so ot is much easier to see.  It is a very light yellow at present and almost impossible to see.
That's another reason to add skins to RadioBOSS - I'll make sure this happens in RB 5.0 :) Currently button look can not be changed...

Back