Feature request

IgorPobi

Hello !

When create task for generate songs with PlayListGeneratorPro for example on 16:00:00, this generate for large files take some time and files play on 16:00:15 (or 16:00:20).
Is possible to implement options for only generate song without send to playlist and add another command in task to send this files to playlist.
For example:
  - Task for generate song with PlayListGeneratorPro started on 15:50:00 to 15:50:30
  - Task for send this files on playlist started on 16:00:00 and within 1 sec send to playlist.

What you think ?

You mean to insert it directly in Schedule as "Enabled event" at specified time?
If that is your request it can be do it manualy.
First Save playlist and insert it in Schedule at your requested time and check boxes "Enabled event" and "Run scheduled launch without waiting for current track to finish"

Hello !

Yes but if save playlist this is static. I need every time again manual save playlist for generate songs.

Hi
Understand. Automatic playlist generator with personalised feature. That will be nice, indeed. It generates playlists directly in Schedule at specified time.

That means that Playlist Generator Pro becomes an advanced Schedule. I would like that too.

We may extend the "generate" command to allow only playlist generation without inserting. And other command will be added to insert the last generated playlist. But this will require 2 tasks to insert a playlist... Maybe a better solution will be to silently start generation 30 seconds prior task launch time, and then insert the playlist on time.

It will be improved in one way or another in the future versions.

Hello !

This is very critical for my ... I need this options very soon ... When can expect implement this ?

Many thanks !

Igor

Hi,

That is true that PlGenPro takes too long to load and generate tasks. Can be up too 3 minutes for generating a 30 hours block (needed for having 24 hours real time playback). This is when using directory browsing and not DataBase. Using DB decreases time but there is no option to keep DB up-to-date ie when new tracks are added or reorganised.
Also when using option "task starts immediatly" even when it only takes 10 seconds to create the playlist, it endup with a blank on air.
Generating playlisyt in advance could be very usefull.

Christian

Currently you can use this simple solution: as you know that playlist generation takes about 3 minutes, just change the event start time so it'll start 3 minutes earlier.

Regarding database, this will be improved - Music Libarry will be automatically updated, so new tracks will be always there. It's planned for RadioBOSS 4.8. As well as "generate" command improvements. Features like this require extensive testing, so it's not a good idea to add those in minor updates.

djsoft said:
Regarding database, this will be improved - Music Libarry will be automatically updated, so new tracks will be always there. It's planned for RadioBOSS 4.8. As well as "generate" command improvements. Features like this require extensive testing, so it's not a good idea to add those in minor updates.
That mean that we do not need anymore to re-create database?

What about multiple database for Music Library?
A library for "Foreign Music", another one for "Country Music" etc., etc. All this libraries in different folders. All those libraries automatic updated?

That will be really GREAT (and very, very important). I know you work for that. Can it be done soon?

pety said:
That mean that we do not need anymore to re-create database?
Yes. The point is to reduce the amount of manual labor to a minimum. Program can handle library updates automatically with no problem. It's planned for RadioBOSS 4.8, beta version should be in September.

The auto-update function will work with Music Library files you specify (eg. some files will be updated, but some of them not). I suppose it will be implemented as a scheduler feature, to let users specify how often the database update should occur.

Back