Few things about rating and other

Yuriy Krevnyukh

Hi

Glad to find ability to use ratings. Though a few things would be good if they are implemented:
- Default rating value on new track import in Media Library.
- Ability to set rating directly from playlist using popup menu instead of selection 'Track properties' first and then set it on the dialog. Or such option can be added onto Track information toolbar.
- Maximum rating value of 10 is too high. Five is enough to identify the frequency for the track to be played. 1 means rarely, 5 - top 10. But this is just an thought.
- When rating changes, it is not automatically updated in Music Library. That is not comfortable. Let's say I changed rating for some tracking while listening them in playlist. Later I want to generate new playlist using rating range. But it seems new values are not updated in Library until I select 'Update info from tags'. I think this should be done automatically in background, so I don't have to make same steps each time I change a rating.

A few other things noticed
- This one is not rating related but still. When I browse the playlist, focus being changed. Would be good to see currently playing track permanently colored with some color, still having ability browse along the list and see the focus.
- Each time I install new update, playlist columns are being reset.

King regards,
Yuriy

Thanks for the suggestions! For the rating, we'll implement everything except that rating max value will still be 10.

Yuriy Krevnyukh said:
When I browse the playlist, focus being changed. Would be good to see currently playing track permanently colored with some color, still having ability browse along the list and see the focus.
Uncheck the View->Playlist auto-scroll option.

Yuriy Krevnyukh said:
- Each time I install new update, playlist columns are being reset.
This is a known issue - should be fixed in the future.

Back