Improvements/bug in streaming playback

nelson c

While improved playback streaming RB 4.8, there is still room for improvement at the program, especially when internet is wrong, I mean the connection is slow.
For most it is a hardware problem RB should not allow such to occur several cuts per second when there is poor download speed, since many times an operator can not on the radio, and the result is disastrous.

The areas for improvement in my opinion are:

* Each time you empty the buffer, RB to get "a second of audio and takes the transmicion", when what they should do is load the number of seconds of audio selected, the same way as when you start playback.

* To avoid this infinite loop could be set such that:
- For the third time that the buffer is emptied continue with the next track.
- Or perhaps to be more precise: the third time that the buffer is emptied in 1 minute, continue with the next track.

* Another thing that would be good to improve although not critical, is the time to update the metadata.
I compared Winamp with RB and metadata are displayed faster in winamp.

if you need a slow connection to prove this, there are several programs on the web that simulate.

If you were solved mainly the first two points, streaming playback RB, serious Fantastic place :)

I've added it to the future developments list. I agree that it should detect of stream playback is not doing good and switch to the next track. This goes to one of the RadioBOSS 4.9.x updates.

Thanks, that's very important for us, this has caused me great problems.
I am glad that is resolved soon! :)

Here my thoughts on this topic:
Now I have a little more clear that is what RadioBOSS ago when the following to play Streaming.

1 - It starts loading the buffer
2-Wait ..
3-if the load is complete reproduction begins. but if you reach maximum waiting time (determined by network read timeout), continues with the next track.
Up here it seems perfect, but if a bad conecciona Internet or server problems the buffer is empty (and therefore there is silence) starts charging again and the continuous reproduction and then cut again (in a loop is infinity).
From my point of view, when you cut first reproduction should continue with the next track from the first cut (which does not occur any silence), or at least make it configurable by the user.

Built an application that works with two instances of RB (Each with an internet connection distitnta) API controls by assigning a Bitrate streaming according to the speed of each connexion.
And reading the register, when a connection is lost reduces the volume of that body and increases in the other.
Solving this all official great as a loss of connexion I would produce several seconds of silence as now.

My apologies if repeat with item, but really this is very important to us.

Thanks

nelson c
Yes, I think this feature (interrupt network stream playback on first buffer underflow) will be added as an option in one of the next updates.

hello, on this improved in version to be published tomorrow?

Does the new version of RadioCaster will also be released this month?

Thanks

nelson c said:
hello, on this improved in version to be published tomorrow?
Yes, I think so.

nelson c said:
Does the new version of RadioCaster will also be released this month?
It should be. It's harder to develop in summer - most testers and developers are on vacation :) But it's planned to release updates for RB and RadioCaster this week. Stay tuned :)

I remember my main wish list for RB 5:

djsoft said:
nelson c
Yes, I think this feature (interrupt network stream playback on first buffer underflow) will be added as an option in one of the next updates.

- Automatic climate announcement
- Automatic Mp3, reproduced on the intro of the songs (http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.msg12210.html#msg12210)

I have to buy an upgrade but I will when released RB 5 :)

Weather announcements will be added, but I'm not sure about the outro feature yet...

djsoft said:
Weather announcements will be added.

this is good news, remember also that would be very good issue daily rainfall (always when they grow to 0.0 millimeters)

djsoft said:
I'm not sure about the outro feature yet...

Ok, hopefully be included in RB 5.0. :)
If not so will be included in Rb 5.1, or there are no plans for this?

With respect to the problem of streaming (proceed to the next track immediately the first time you empty the buffer, or at least make it configurable by the user), is postpone to RB 5.0?
Because Rb tried 4.9.1 and not change anything.

Another issue:
I think a while ago someone asked for this in the forum:
I like using the scheduler to launch an event in which the news is announced and the schedule on a backing track (a curtain, repeat mode), and that this was done to repeat when recordings finalizen news and weather.
Is there a current solution or plan to include this feature?

Nelson, streaming feature (skip on first buffer underrun) is moved to RB 5.0. This requires a lot of testing and can't be done in a minor update like 4.9.1.

Playing anouncements (news, etc) with a background music is also planned for RB 5.0.

thank you very much!, I can not wait for RB 5 is released :)

Just just found a small bug:

Short light is a second and this caused the pc is restarted.
At that time was playing an event that had activated the option "Send to the server the name of the event" (it was a list generated by PLG Pro).
When you reboot and RB are opened, emitting continuous track that was when power was lost.
But when this song ended, the playback is stopped and then silence detector active.

Do not know if this affects anything, but I have turned queue mode.

(PS: I'm using 4.9.0.11 RB, but is likely to be present in RB 4.9.1)

Thanks!

nelson c said:
At that time was playing an event that had activated the option "Send to the server the name of the event" (it was a list generated by PLG Pro).
When you reboot and RB are opened, emitting continuous track that was when power was lost.
But when this song ended, the playback is stopped and then silence detector active.
Just tried this and songs were played correctly. Make sure you don't have "stop after this track" option enabled. Also update to the latest 4.9.1, several bugs were fixed there.

nelson c said:
Short light is a second and this caused the pc is restarted.
I'd strongly advice you to use UPS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uninterruptible_power_supply.

Back