Information about the long running task in the scheduler

my64

I would like to see a notification or animated icon that a task is currently running in the scheduler.
To give you an example: The playlist generation task can take a long time (from 30 sec to 5 min or more) and nothing happens until the recordings appear in the playlist. There is no notification or indication that a certain task is in progress.
The same problem with audio track files processing is that it can take a very long time, especially if the number of tracks exceeds 100000. and there is no progress bar showing how many tracks have been processed.

To give you an example: The playlist generation task can take a long time (from 30 sec to 5 min or more) and nothing happens until the recordings appear in the playlist. There is no notification or indication that a certain task is in progress.
The same problem with audio track files processing is that it can take a very long time, especially if the number of tracks exceeds 100000. and there is no progress bar showing how many tracks have been processed.
This is because RadioBOSS actually doesn't track the progress or have any information on how it goes. It issues a command to create a playlist, or update the library and that's it. It only gets the notification when the job is done - it adds a log entry stating the task is completed.

Thank you for your clarification. That's why I posted this request, so that this functionality would appear in future versions. It is not convenient to track the completion of the script through the log, because it may take several hours from the start of the task, and during this time a lot of other information appears in the log, in which it is very difficult to find that the task was completed, even if you filter the entries.
Perhaps the highlighting of the task bar in the list of tasks or some other icon in front of it in the form of an hourglass would make it easier to get information about the status of the task at the moment. How about this?

5R4fDg.jpg

While it sounds reasonable, but to software internals - the scheduler and RadioBOSS itself is loosely coupled with actual execution of those commands, it would be technically challenging to track the progress (meaning it's a lot of work for us to implement :) ). Also, multiple commands can be running at a time so using taskbar for progress indication won't work.

I see you. If this event could be displayed as an hourglass icon and reset upon completion, it would already make it much easier to visually understand which jobs are in the works. If it doesn't take much time to write code, that would be great.
Thank you for your time.

Back