Link a song to cover & lyrics

Nexus

Hello,

I?m not sure it has been implemented, but is there a way to link a song (contained in RadioBoss? playlist) to corresponding album cover and lyrics?

I?ve read stuff talking about embedding the cover and lyrics directly in the MP3 file through TheGodFather.
I also heard about the Autolyrix plugin for Winamp (and other players) ? that may possibly be used through RadioBoss.

But it would be really nice to do it natively ? and easily! ? in a later RadioBoss release; i.e. the ability to:
1. Use embedded cover + lyrics contained in an MP3 file; and broadcast it to a webpage or on a video stream. (optimal solution)
and/or
2. Highlight a song in the playlist and link it to an external .jpg file for the cover and an external .txt file for the lyrics. So that when the song is played, the cover and lyrics and are also displayed on the web or on the video stream. (less optimal solution but always useful)

Notes
- The video stream is especially interesting since it would allos to give live information on the music whilst it is aired in a caf?/restaurant/supermarket.
- It would be even better if the lyrics could be displayed progressively like in a karaoke system (as it is apparently possible in the Autolyrix plugin)? but I?m asking too much :D

Cheers!

Cover may be stored in ID3v2 tags as well, and I believe lyrics too. RadioBOSS can read it, but it doesn't display it anywhere - planned for future.

To display lyrics and cover on the web site - I'm sure it will be much easier to implement it on server side. Streaming video is too much overhead just to display cover... Especially for a program designed for audio :)

RadioBOSS sends info about song to the web site, so it's possible to find lyrics and cover on the internet. For example using web sites like: http://www.songlyrics.com/ 
Your should create a script which will either:
- make requests to site and parse the results,
- or (better way) use some kind of API if they provide it.

Hi Nexus the Lyrics may be added by LyricsFinder here : https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Audio/Other-AUDIO-Tools/Lyrics-Finder.shtml however. I am still hopeful Dimitri will add a %lyrics tag that dumps out as report and ftp.

I am working on some PHP as soon as its variable is implemented once we get a %lyric field then we can read this to evaluate lyrics with bpm timing %bpm to hopeful break them down to timing. Can't do much more until we have a variable and not sure how many people want this feature.

Nexus I have run this on the MP3 you have to be patient as it takes a while to run through all mp3. There are certain differences in theses lyrics some have CR/LF some have sections in square bracket notation breaking down sections some are plain text, and all will require processing to the same format. if the %lyric tag in Radio boss was operational then it would, contain the lyrics placed by LyricFinder into the MP3.

Last edited:
Back