Managing Media Library

Shameer

Hello All,
would it be possible at all to have a feature that would scan a folder for new files added so i don't have to manually re add all files when adding new files to my music database ?

for example if i have a folder that i store Pop only music in it and i save my category as Pop hits
if i already have say about 3000 songs in that folder and i need to add another 100 cant i just copy the files to the pop folder then in the pop hits database scan the folder for new files and save my database?

currently what i do is that if i copy 100 files to my 3000 file Pop folder i have to go look for those 100 files individually and add them to my database or alternatively tick the option not to re add current files and then select all the files in the folder and add them it's time consuming especially with  a fast growing database.

Thanks for your help in advance
Shameer Ali

You can do it manually or automatically.

1. The manual way: start Music Library and add the folder contents. It won't add files which already present in the library, just the new ones (make sure "Do not add files already in library" checked in the Add menu).

2. The automatic way: use the makelibrary command. This is available starting from RadioBOSS 4.9, you can find more information on this version and makelibrary command syntax here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3326.msg11618.html#msg11618
You can schedule to run this command, for example, every day at night.

Back