Marking Intros etc

vocalistics

Hi

Well, we are now up and running on a server and its working great but I have a query.

We are adding thousands of songs to the library and I want to mark the intro and outros on them all for either voice tracking or just to make transitions better BUT the server being remote has no sound card so is it possible to:

a) Use RB on my local computer to do the markers on the files (all of the files are stored in dropbox so this will sync with the ones that the server accesses also if indeed it does change the file), if it doesn?t change the file can I somehow get the info from the pc to the server?

b) Can I somehow prepare a voice track show locally on the PC and then upload it as a playlist to the server?

Many thanks
Steve

Also...does anyone know of any 3rd party software that could ?tag?mp3?s with theintro and outro as well as verifying the titles and albums etc (like media monkey) then then it all work lovely with RB?

vocalistics said:
a) Use RB on my local computer to do the markers on the files (all of the files are stored in dropbox so this will sync with the ones that the server accesses also if indeed it does change the file), if it doesn?t change the file can I somehow get the info from the pc to the server?
If you edit a file locally (eg. using Track Tool) and those files are synchronized using Dropbox, then the settings you've changed (intro, outro, etc) will be on a server too.

vocalistics said:
b) Can I somehow prepare a voice track show locally on the PC and then upload it as a playlist to the server?
Yes, it's possible - prepare a show, save a playlist and upload playlist+files to the server. Make sure the path will match on a local PC and on a server.

Back