May we have "Peak Normalization" in Library PLEASE ? (and Average RMS Normalization if Possible ?)

Hi Dmitri Vladimirovich and RadioBoss Team,

How's the weather in Volgograd :)?

I am sur we are many to ask for this function but May we have "Peak Normalization" in Library PLEASE ? (and Average RMS Normalization if Possible ?)

i am not satisfied with the EBU R128 LUFS Function... when the sound is processed by the audio processor the differences in levels are huge from a track to another...

I just need a Function that can Peak Normalize my tracks for exemple to 0 dB or -1 dB or -2 dB or -3 DB ! (Average RMS Normalization would be Luxury for many of us i think !)

But i really think that Peak Normalization would be a must for all of us

If you're reading this Publication and also need Peak Normalization, Please "Like it" ! so that RadioBoss team understand it's necessary for many of us !

Thanks for reading,

Kindest Regards,

FRED

It would be great there is one in the library, but I didn't find it very helpful or did not fully understand it .. I found it made a mess of my mp3 so urge caution and back up . 'Process Music Track' on the Tools menu of the library will do this using LUFS to change the mp3 track . I found it did not do a very job for me so please back up . I cant tell you how long it took to fix this as I had no backup. I use Stereo Tool DSP which does this without changing mp3 it far better solution than changing your files as with it everything needs to be zero . I hope this helps.

But i really think that Peak Normalization would be a must for all of us
Peak normalization is actually a simplest form of normalization out there. But most importantly, it doesn't provide good results: perceived loudness is way too different after peak normalization is applied. We can add it as an option, it's not a big deal, however I'm unsure that it'll be useful for many people.

Peak normalization is actually a simplest form of normalization out there. But most importantly, it doesn't provide good results: perceived loudness is way too different after peak normalization is applied. We can add it as an option, it's not a big deal, however I'm unsure that it'll be useful for many people.
Hi DJ Soft Team,

if it's not a big deal, and you're right, it's not a big deal (i was a Visual Basic developer and won 2 national prices in 1994 and 1995 for 2 of my softwares - Multimedia 1.0 & Multimedia 2.0 here in France - i don't develop code anymore- big mistake of my file i gave up after VB 6.0 !) so PLEASE, do it !
I am a broadcast engineer here in France and often work for Telos Alliance (Omnia Section) or more recently for Angry Audio (C6S) in collaboration with Mr Gould and Mr Dosch for example and many other clients (where i always recommend RB) and trust me... Having files all normalized in a database is crucial ! (specifically for the audio processor that is after the audio output of RadioBoss !)

Try and you will undestand what i mean !

By the way i found many bugs in Library and Track Tool (in all versions)

Run Library (i have 1500+ flac files in mine) select ie 10 files and run the process music tracks tool to put level at zero for this 10 tracks
it will put all the database files to playback level at zero... i had to redo playback level to all tracks and lost 15 days !

Although Track Tool has a strange comportment, let's says the file peaks at zero (i double checked with Sound Forge and Adobe audition)...
Zoom in that file, zoom to the max, and the redraw of the wave form will tell you your file is peaking at +1 dB or +2 dB or +3 dB... in fact it depends of the zoom level...

But i am sorry, if the track is peaking at zero (that is to say Maximum Digital level) Track tool cannot tell me my file is peaking at +3 dB

You should correct that bug too... it's just a redraw problem, because the level in fact is really peaking at zero ! but it's confusing...

Thanks for reading me,

Kindest Regards

FRED

Hi DJ Soft Team,

if it's not a big deal, and you're right, it's not a big deal (i was a Visual Basic developer and won 2 national prices in 1994 and 1995 for 2 of my softwares - Multimedia 1.0 & Multimedia 2.0 here in France - i don't develop code anymore- big mistake of my file i gave up after VB 6.0 !) so PLEASE, do it !
I am a broadcast engineer here in France and often work for Telos Alliance (Omnia Section) or more recently for Angry Audio (C6S) in collaboration with Mr Gould and Mr Dosch for example and many other clients (where i always recommend RB) and trust me... Having files all normalized in a database is crucial ! (specifically for the audio processor that is after the audio output of RadioBoss !)

Try and you will undestand what i mean !

By the way i found many bugs in Library and Track Tool (in all versions)

Run Library (i have 1500+ flac files in mine) select ie 10 files and run the process music tracks tool to put level at zero for this 10 tracks
it will put all the database files to playback level at zero... i had to redo playback level to all tracks and lost 15 days !

Although Track Tool has a strange comportment, let's says the file peaks at zero (i double checked with Sound Forge and Adobe audition)...
Zoom in that file, zoom to the max, and the redraw of the wave form will tell you your file is peaking at +1 dB or +2 dB or +3 dB... in fact it depends of the zoom level...

But i am sorry, if the track is peaking at zero (that is to say Maximum Digital level) Track tool cannot tell me my file is peaking at +3 dB

You should correct that bug too... it's just a redraw problem, because the level in fact is really peaking at zero ! but it's confusing...

Thanks for reading me,

Kindest Regards

FRED
Right,

I noticed that too, sometimes for old songs with many peaks the EBU Normalization generate saturation (The blue line at the top and the bottom becomes red).

Thanks for your Topic Fred

best

At the top of Process Tracks window you select - process all tracks, or selected only.

There's a line that shows 0dB level in Track Tool - do you see that waveform exceeds it? Line changes its color to red when level exceeds 0dB.

We'll consider adding peak normalization as an option in one of the next updates.

At the top of Process Tracks window you select - process all tracks, or selected only.

There's a line that shows 0dB level in Track Tool - do you see that waveform exceeds it? Line changes its color to red when level exceeds 0dB.

We'll consider adding peak normalization as an option in one of the next updates.
I normalize my songs at -15LUFS for the all Music Library but sometimes when I edit manually with track editor I saw for some songs that these lines are red in the Track Tool...

Have a good day

Thanks Dmitri for Dev and your help everytime, really appreciable

I normalize my songs at -15LUFS for the all Music Library but sometimes when I edit manually with track editor I saw for some songs that these lines are red in the Track Tool...
This can be possible. Ebur128 measures perceived loudness, it doesn't care that peaks can go higher that 0dB. It's not a bug, it's how it works.

Back