Mixing improvements

nelson c

Hello Dmitry,
Currently I am more than satisfied with the result of the mixes that I was able to achieve in RB.
However, there is one point that could be improved.
The transition between art and music is excellent (With file types).
But sometimes it happens that the artistic is mounted on the vocal of the next track. This is only the case of tracks that do not have an Intro or it is very small.

Maybe adding an option "The mix can at most end where the intro ends" would solve this.
Reducing the mixing time would be detrimental to the current air release.
What do you think about this? :)

Nelson you need another track item on track properties for example intro works with end to stop the intro at end. of track well If you experiment, you might find you don't need a track item. Make sure you have no quiet sound in your intro that will pull it back in, make sure that you have no blank no sound at start or end of wav sections edit in audacity or simpler to make sure wav extends to whole file.

I presume intro cancels at the next event so please experiment. Remember you can set this which tag inro or outro I think still on Auto Intro I have used it without an intro end effectively. Make sure you drop background music whilst its playing this can be problematic and is a reason for making your mp the same level. I hope this helps you.

Thank you,
I use Autointro, but it has nothing to do with the proposed improvement.
This is to modify the mix point so that it does not step on the "intro" of the track that begins, which is logical and would give a superior result.

Maybe adding an option "The mix can at most end where the intro ends" would solve this.
Reducing the mixing time would be detrimental to the current air release.
What do you think about this? :)
This is interesting. It means mixing can potentially start later on the playing track, so tracks will overlap less. Do you think such an option should be global or separate for file types and music?

On second thought, it should be something global, I think.
Under no circumstances is it good for an ending track to be mixed over the vocal of the one it begins.

On second thought, it should be something global, I think.
Under no circumstances is it good for an ending track to be mixed over the vocal of the one it begins.
Noted, thank you, I think first implementation of this will be added in RadioBOSS 6.4.

Dmitry, I'm looking forward to this. Do you think it is still possible to incorporate it into this beta? :)
It's partially ready and I was inclined to move it forward to the RadioBOSS 7.1 or so. I'll see if it can still be included in this version 7.0 though, maybe it'll be at first available as an Advanced Option.

This new feature really improved the mixes a lot. The superposition that can be achieved is excellent, it only has one disadvantage that occurs with the combination of two tracks like this example. (15% of the time it should be)
A track that ends with a fadeout and a following track without an intro time. It generates a small silence, when this agreement does not occur, the result is unbeatable, so it is the price to pay. Anyway, I was thinking about a possible solution, if this is not very complicated to implement.

From what I see the Enter function (when the time is 0) works by "pausing the track" until the file ends.
If this function were more intelligent and could take into account the length of the intro file, in order to deduct it from the mix time, the Intro file would be played over the track that ends, it would avoid that "dead silence" and it would respect that no mix passes the intro time which is the logic of this.
Something like image "2"

1710098755788.png

1710099148282.png

What do you think about this?
Thank you

It's possible to achieve this if you use the Outro feature, it will allow mixing a track earlier, and make Intro play on the first track's end.

Back