Music library disappears

James@2YYY

The RadioBoss music library completely randomly disappears from the Playlist. The fix is to shut down RadioBoss and restart the computer. My question is why does it disappear and is there a permanent fix?

The RadioBoss music library completely randomly disappears from the Playlist. The fix is to shut down RadioBoss and restart the computer. My question is why does it disappear and is there a permanent fix?
I think the reason is that tracks in the playlist were inserted by s scheduled event. Scheduled tracks are automatically removed after they are played. If you don't want them to be deleted, enable the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option in the event properties.

I think the reason is that tracks in the playlist were inserted by s scheduled event. Scheduled tracks are automatically removed after they are played. If you don't want them to be deleted, enable the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option in the event properties.
No that is not what is happening but maybe I have not explained it correctly. The entire music library listing all the tracks available just disappears. It happens within the RadioBoss software as the files are still on the computer in their file structure. The fix is as I previously posted.

Last edited:
No that is not what is happening but maybe I have not explained it correctly. The entire music library listing all the tracks available just disappears. It happens within the RadioBoss software as the files are still on the computer in their file structure. The fix is as I previously posted.
Can you please post a screenshot before and after it disappeared to better understand what happens?

Can you please post a screenshot before and after it disappeared to better understand what happens?
Some pertinent information. RadioBoss is used as the software to program music and advertising/promotional tracks for a community radio station. We are so small that one person is in the broadcast studio for a shift when we are on air. I get a call at home if a problem happens and I can log in the the studio computer remotely to see what is happening, so a screenshot of what is going on is not the first thing I do. I fix the issue first so we are off air for the minimum amount of time. Closing RadioBoss and restarting the computer is the fastest way. Now to my original question. Why does the RadioBoss database randomly disappear from the right hand side of the screen? I would think that there is a problem with how the database is read. This is a new issue, not a long term issue.

Why does the RadioBoss database randomly disappear from the right hand side of the screen?
We have never seen it happening. I'm also not sure - do you refer to the playlist window https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/playlist_window2.htm or it's the database window https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/creating_a_music_library.htm

If the former, I think the problem is scheduled events being removed: https://www.djsoft.net/community/threads/music-library-disappears.11233/post-45502 or maybe tracks are removed manually, or you have an event that clears the playlist.

Attached is a shot of our RadioBoss screen. The music library on the right hand pane is the one that has completely disappeared with a full restart required to have it show again. And the start times on the left hand pane go away when an autostop is reached, only to re-appear when the next song starts. It's really annoying, so is there a reason/fix?

Attachments

• RadioBoss screen.jpg
    RadioBoss screen.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
Attached is a shot of our RadioBoss screen. The music library on the right hand pane is the one that has completely disappeared with a full restart required to have it show again. And the start times on the left hand pane go away when an autostop is reached, only to re-appear when the next song starts. It's really annoying, so is there a reason/fix?
The block on the right is "Search", by default it's empty, until you search something. You can press the "X" button (next to "Search" field) and it will show you the contents of entire library.

Back