Music playlist and inserting commericals

I'm testing out the latest version of the program. I have a nice music play list going with breaks at the top of the hour for station ID and news, but I'm a bit unclear as to how to program random commerical breaks to play throughout the hour.
There is this thing called play list generator, but it doesnt seem to be all that clear how to use and configure this to make certain things happen.

Maybe someone can explain it a bit differently and my little "light bulb" will turn on.

Thanks.....

There is a way to play random commercials.

First of all, add all commercials to the Music Library. If you don't have any music in the Music Library the setup will be easier: just save it using default filename.

Then, open Playlist Generator (in the menu - Playlist->Playlist Generator). On Step1, select either number of tracks, or total duration - this depends on how much commercials you need to be played in one go. Save preset under any name, like "commercials".

In the player (RadioBOSS), add new scheduled item, in the "playlist/track filename or command" enter "generate commercials" (without quotes, and change "commercials" to name of preset created previously) - see the picture attached. Also select the time when you want the commercials to be played - consider using the "Repeat every" feature.

Ask questions if you have.

Thank you!

Attachments

• 17.122.png
    17.122.png
    58.7 KB · Views: 540
Back