(N.) cut audio start and end ??? [a new way to store tags]

NICKY G DJ

I would need to broadcast newsletters or other types of audio files automatically downloaded via the seduler. These audio files should go on the air making them start at +20 seconds and must end -20 seconds from the end of the received audio file (I have to cut the spots at the beginning and at the end of the audio file).
This indistinctly if the file received hard 120/180/300 seconds etc ...

the file in question will always have the same name or if necessary with different dates by renaming the macro% yyyy%% mm%% dd% ...

I tried to create a playlist and to cut by setting start and end to the first file, my intent works perfectly. The problem occurs when the next day is downloaded and updated with the new audio file. The tags are stored in the mp3 so using a new file that file will be devoid of settings.

if you believe it is a good thing, why not add the possibility to check a box that says (store information start, end, intro etc. in a local file) instead of mp3. Clearly, in general, storing on mp3 is an excellent choice, but for special cases like this maybe the tags can be stored in a separate file or associated with the playlist.

You can switch storage to database: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/additional-information-storage.htm

This way, when the file is changed, the information will still be present in the database.

I'd recommend reading the article linked in full to understand the consequences of switching to database storage.

ok, it can work with the sql database ...
Since the information will no longer be stored in the mp3 TAGs, I wanted to understand where this information is saved where I find the file to be able to backup, since it becomes an important file.

With the SQL database it works what I want to do, the problem remains another and I hope we can implement this feature in the track tools.

in practice I could have audio files of different lengths
1.mp3 length 1'40 "
2.mp3 length 3'40 "

these audio files have already mounted a 20 "opening jingle with a 20" closing jingle.

I would like to be able to eliminate the 20 "at the beginning (so I start the start at +20" with track tools)
and I would like to eliminate the 20 "at the end ...

start 20.0 "end 1'20"
So far so good ...

the next day the file 2.mp3 is longer, in the example 3'40 "(the length is random)

the file is inserted automatically, (the name will be renamed equally as 1.mp3 to find compatibility of settings start, end)

the file will be played at +20 "fine ...
The problem is that this time the END is no longer at 1'20 "but at 3'20", but I would find myself set 1.20 ". !!!!

it's a problem !!!

Solution: it is possible to implement this thing, that is:
In addition to normal operation with increasing time values, even decreasing values, I would like to be able to decide how many seconds, minutes and more to remove from the end of the file eg. -20 "

so if I have a file of 1'20 "I will cut 20 final seconds
if I have a file of 4'40 it will always cut me 20 "finals and so on ...

I would like, for specific cases and not normally, to set a period of time to be cut in end to a track, the time frame remains constant, but it will vary according to the length of the audio file.

I hope I explained myself. I hope you can evaluate its potential.

NICKY G DJ said:
Since the information will no longer be stored in the mp3 TAGs, I wanted to understand where this information is saved where I find the file to be able to backup, since it becomes an important file.
If you use the SQLite option, it's saved in the tracks.db file, one directory up from RadioBOSS settings directory (you can open it using the Settings->Open settings folder menu).

NICKY G DJ said:
The problem is that this time the END is no longer at 1'20 "but at 3'20", but I would find myself set 1.20 ". !!!!

it's a problem !!!
Yes, it simply stores the End based on file beginning, so when a file is changed and a new file has a different duration, it will no longer have the correct End position.

NICKY G DJ said:
In addition to normal operation with increasing time values, even decreasing values, I would like to be able to decide how many seconds, minutes and more to remove from the end of the file eg. -20 "
This seems to be a pretty specific use case, so I'm not sure if it will be a benefit for a majority of RadioBOSS users.

There's a possible solution, though. You can create a file type for your own ending jingle. Then, in the crossfade settings for that file type, set:
- Override previous track mix point - 20 seconds (or how much you want to cut from the end)
- Start fading out on mix
- Set fade out time to like 1 seconds to prevent abrupt ending

Then, you simply schedule your downloaded file, following by a file of the type you have created.

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:

If you use the SQLite option, it's saved in the tracks.db file, one directory up from RadioBOSS settings directory (you can open it using the Settings->Open settings folder menu).

"tracks.db" can not find it in the folder

I find only "TrackList_v2.cache" in the TEMP folder.

What is the use of the "cache file tag" ??

Attachments

• 111111111111.jpg
    111111111111.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 333
This seems to be a pretty specific use case, so I'm not sure if it will be a benefit for a majority of RadioBOSS users.

There's a possible solution, though. You can create a file type for your own ending jingle. Then, in the crossfade settings for that file type, set:
- Override previous track mix point - 20 seconds (or how much you want to cut from the end)
- Start fading out on mix
- Set fade out time to like 1 seconds to prevent abrupt ending

Then, you simply schedule your downloaded file, following by a file of the type you have created.

I tried to do as you told me, partly works.

In practice, the next jingle starts at -20s (set to the previous track mix point override)
But while in the next jingle continues and also the programming, the track that had to be truncated of the 20 seconds continues, it feels lower but it feels ...

where am I wrong?

Attachments

• 111111111111.jpg
    111111111111.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 315
NICKY G DJ said:

You need to go one level up from the settings folder, to the "djsoft.net" folder.

NICKY G DJ said:
You can find some information about it here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/tag-cache.htm

NICKY G DJ said:
But while in the next jingle continues and also the programming, the track that had to be truncated of the 20 seconds continues, it feels lower but it feels ...
It should not continue - it should be faded out. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.8?

djsoft said:
NICKY G DJ said:

You need to go one level up from the settings folder, to the "djsoft.net" folder.

OK THANKS, is it possible to save this file in the general folder where I have all the files ?? workbook?

NICKY G DJ said:
You can find some information about it here: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/tag-cache.htm

NICKY G DJ said:
It should not continue - it should be faded out. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.8?

Actually I still use 5.7.2.0.
I'm testing the 5.8, and even I do not work well this "Override previous track mix point"
It does not detect it at all, as if no Override point previous track mix point had been set.

with 5.7 it works, but the audio plays in the background

NICKY G DJ said:
It does not detect it at all, as if no Override point previous track mix point had been set.
Perhaps the problem is that previous track (the news) has custom mix point set in Track Tool , it has precedence over the override option.

Back