(N.) LEVEL Output & RADIOCASTER

NICKY G DJ

sorry I would like to understand:
but if you turn down the volume (lower right)
this adjusts the volume of output from the sound card.

But the left VU Meter always remains at 0 db.
So to my web streaming the volume variation set with the cursor at the bottom right or with a command (setvol 20) is not applied to the sound on the streaming ??

How do you make sure that what comes out of the sound card is the same thing as what comes out on the stream?

I should set:
sound card OUT ---> Mixer
Mixer ---> sound card IN
and where do I set the streaming to take the source from the IN of the sound card?

or do you need to use external radioboss software to stream on the server?

RADIOCASTER - LIVE AUDIO ENCODER

so at this point what is the INTERNO streaming?
or what is RADIOCASTER for if you can stream directly from RB?

is it recommended RADIOCASTER - LIVE AUDIO ENCODER to use it on a computer dedicated only for streaming or use only one PC for everything?

Attachments

• level.jpg
    level.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 346
NICKY G DJ said:
So to my web streaming the volume variation set with the cursor at the bottom right or with a command (setvol 20) is not applied to the sound on the streaming ??
Volume control in RadioBOSS does not affect level meter and streaming - it goes at full volume always. The volume slider only controls volume in the speakers.

NICKY G DJ said:
How do you make sure that what comes out of the sound card is the same thing as what comes out on the stream?
If you stream from within RadioBOSS and streaming source is "Audio mix" (the default), what you hear in speakers is what is playing in the stream - apart from volume if you change it with volume slider.

NICKY G DJ said:
or do you need to use external radioboss software to stream on the server?
One RadioBOSS is enough for this.

NICKY G DJ said:
and where do I set the streaming to take the source from the IN of the sound card?
It is set on the Broadcasting tab, in the top right corner - Source. You can select one of the inputs there.

NICKY G DJ said:
is it recommended RADIOCASTER - LIVE AUDIO ENCODER to use it on a computer dedicated only for streaming or use only one PC for everything?
It will work either way.

NICKY G DJ said:
It will work either way.
[/quote]

In practice, if I understood well:
If I want to use only one PC both for playing songs and for streaming audio on the web, I need only the RADIOBOSS software (the mixer output goes into IN soundcard).

If instead I want to use a PC dedicated to audio programming and a PC dedicated to streaming audio I need it
the Radioboss software on a PC
and the RADIOCASTER - LIVE AUDIO ENCODER software on the other PC for streaming

quite right?

the same thing can be said for RADIOLOGGER - RADIO RECORDING SOFTWARE ??

with Radioboss it is possible to schedule the recordings as you would with RADIOLOGGER ??

NICKY G DJ said:
If instead I want to use a PC dedicated to audio programming and a PC dedicated to streaming audio I need it
the Radioboss software on a PC
and the RADIOCASTER - LIVE AUDIO ENCODER software on the other PC for streaming
Yes, RadioBOSS on one PC and RadioCaster on the other will work. To connect them you can either use built-in server in RadioBOSS and receive stream in RadioCaster (this way the track titles will be sent automatically), or if you connect computers with audio cable, you will need to pass track titles to RadioCadter, e.g. using a shared network folder and saving the "nowplaying.txt" file to a location where RadioCaster can read it.

NICKY G DJ said:
the same thing can be said for RADIOLOGGER - RADIO RECORDING SOFTWARE ??
RadioLogger has different options to get audio from, and it can be installed anywhere - as you broadcast network stream, you can simply record it from any computer.

NICKY G DJ said:
with Radioboss it is possible to schedule the recordings as you would with RADIOLOGGER ??
Recording feature in RadioBOSS is a bit limited, you can use the scheduler (streamarchive command) to start and stop recordings, but using RadioLogger is a better way to do this.

Back