No crossfade wanted, for example for Led Zeppelin song Stairway To Heaven

Good User

Hello all,

What do we do with songs like Stairway To Heaven that have the singer singing all the way to the end of the song, we don't want the singer to get cut off by a crossfade, but we want crossfading to be used for the majority of other songs. Is there a simple solution for this and other songs where we do not want any crossfade at all? If there is no solution I think one is necessary. Maybe the "No Crossfade" option could be put under the "Tag Editor" ?

Thank You Very Much,

Gary

Last edited:
Ok I suppose I can do that, but I was hoping in the future you will make each track's crossfading adjustable, so that any song if desired can have it's own crossfade setting. Some songs would benefit from individual crossfade settings.

I am using RadioBOSS Cloud only, which does not have Track Tool, so I guess I am stuck with Robert Plant's lyrics at the end of Stairway To Heaven being cut off. There are other songs where this happens where I want to set a Crossfade for a song that is different than the Master Crossfade for the other songs.

Also it seems odd that when using TrackList in RadioBOSS Cloud, you can see the Now Playing song and the Coming Up Next song, but if you want to make a Queue of songs, you can only see the Playing Time of each song and not the Artist Name - Song Name information, this is not helpful when making a Queue. The songs have already been selected, I see no reason why you can't also show the Artist Name - Song Name. You need all the Song Information to make a Queue of songs using the feature called Set Next Track if you have multiple TrackList items, like I do. I have 18 TrackList items on the Playlist and the 19th item is a Station ID, then another 18 TrackList items followed by another, different Station ID, and so on for each 18 songs and more Station ID's that follow each 18 songs. So far this is working great, I had to do this to separate the Station ID's the way I wanted. Except it is a guessing game what songs will play, since I am using TrackList with Random Play. I don't know the Song Information past the Coming Up Next song. The issue with my method is that sometimes I want to make a Queue of the randomly selected TrackList song items that show on the Playlist but I really can't do it unless I know the songs for all the selected TrackList items.

I have attached a Screen Shot of what I am doing for the Playlist.

Sincerely,

Gary

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-02 003802.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-02 003802.png
    215.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I am using RadioBOSS Cloud only, which does not have Track Tool, so I guess I am stuck with Robert Plant's lyrics at the end of Stairway To Heaven being cut off. There are other songs where this happens where I want to set a Crossfade for a song that is different than the Master Crossfade for the other songs.
For the time being, yes. We'll add a limited Track Tool capability into RB Cloud in one of the future updates.

Also it seems odd that when using TrackList in RadioBOSS Cloud, you can see the Now Playing song and the Coming Up Next song, but if you want to make a Queue of songs, you can only see the Playing Time of each song and not the Artist Name - Song Name information, this is not helpful when making a Queue
Only the next Track Tool is evaluated, further items are not. This is because it needs to consider songs that are already played, so that it can satisfy repeat protection rules. Making it plan more ahead is pretty difficult (we made some attempts to evaluate following tracks, but it didn't really work out), so I don't think it's going to change any time soon.

I know that SAM Broadcaster tells you what songs are going to play next, they call it a Queue. Maybe you could add the capability to RadioBOSS Cloud in the future.

I know that SAM Broadcaster tells you what songs are going to play next, they call it a Queue. Maybe you could add the capability to RadioBOSS Cloud in the future.
Well, it'll take some time, as even desktop RadioBOSS doesn't have this option (and RadioBOSS Cloud uses the same core). Maybe we'll add Playlist Generator capability to the Cloud, this way it'll be possible to see what tracks will play next because all of them are selected already (compared to TrackList where tracks are selected dynamically one by one).

Ok I understand that development time is a real thing, but when I used to use SAM Broadcaster on Windows 10 it had a Song Queue capability up to 100 songs maximum.

Often I would need SAM Broadcaster to automatically DJ because of the lack of an overnight DJ on Sundays. So I would have SAM Broadcaster put 100 songs into the queue, songs using the Random Play method with the rule established in SAM Broadcaster that it could not put songs in the Queue that were played in the last 2 days. It is quite a good thing, and I think that you would have a lot more of the DJ Software market by getting new customers that use, or have used, SAM Broadcaster's Song Queue feature.

I know you can make a playlist by establishing certain rules using Playlist Generator, but consider that the typical SAM Broadcaster user uses the Automatically Generated Song Queue feature in SAM Broadcaster instead of a Playlist Generator because SAM Broadcaster doesn't generate Playlists unless you write a PAL Script to run (PAL is a SAM Broadcaster programming language). What SAM Broadcaster does for marketing is they told me that "The Automatic Song Queue feature simulates a Live DJ".

I think you maybe should setup a Trial of SAM Broadcaster on a spare PC and investigate all its features, unless you already have used SAM Broadcaster before?

For example, for our website we used the FTP Upload feature built-in to SAM Broadcaster to show the Currently Playing song, the last 10 songs played and also the Album Artwork from each song. I don't know if RadioBOSS for Windows has this feature or not? Then we would run a PAL script to run the station on Sunday night to Monday morning.

But your company support of your DJ products is superior compared to the support we got from the company that makes SAM Broadcaster. So we now use you.

Sincerely,

Gary

Last edited:
Ok I understand that development time is a real thing, but when I used to use SAM Broadcaster on Windows 10 it had a Song Queue capability up to 100 songs maximum.
100 or whatever number of songs songs will only work if you don't have anything else (e.g. scheduled events) playing in between. Imagine Track List selected that many tracks in advance, considering all Repeat Protection rules. Then a scheduled event starts a playlist with some music and it plays. This means, new (unexpected at the time of track selection for Track List) tracks are played. So, all following Track List tracks need to be re-evaluated to ensure that repeat protection rules are not violated.

An example, "Linkin Park" was chosen by Track List before, but scheduled event started also playing a song by Linkin Park - so it's not a good idea to keep that song selected, that's why it's re-evaluated, and that's why we don't make Track List evaluate more than one track in advance.

What SAM Broadcaster does for marketing is they told me that "The Automatic Song Queue feature simulates a Live DJ".
From listener point of view, there's no difference: songs play in some sequence, that's all. How they are selected, one by one, or in blocks by 5 or 10, or whole day is created in advance - it's a technical detail no one cares about. Listeners don't want artist/song repeats and sudden tempo changes etc - but they don't care about how the selection is actually made.

For example, for our website we used the FTP Upload feature built-in to SAM Broadcaster to show the Currently Playing song, the last 10 songs played and also the Album Artwork from each song.
Those widgets are available in RadioBOSS Cloud in the Integration section. Current, next track, previously played tracks.

Back