Playlist Generator

P

Paulius

Hello,

I want to ask some questions.

We want to organize our radio station to absolutely auto radio station. I am talking about long playlist (minimum 150hours) with jingles and commercials blocks on exactly time. We try to use "Playlist generator", but it seems that it could create only short playlist with jingle and commercial bloks not on exactly time. Also i find that jingle can be added only with "play afeter x songs"..it is posible to add jingle (and commercials blocks) for example on 10.20, 10.40 and so on..?

We have been using radio boss only for about month...
Thanks for your answers.

Hello!

Yes, it's possible to do what you need in the radioboss, but you should use scheduler instead of playlist generator.
I.e. you create a playlist with music only tracks and load in to RadioBOSS. Then you add commercials, jingles, hour markers, etc to the scheduler so they'll be played at time you specified, interrupting the music playback.
Please let me know if you have any questions.

Yes, actually this i am doing now. But i have some problems.
Most important of them is with radio jingles and commercials. We have a lot of different radio jingles and it is a little bit hard to add it in scheduler...Maybe it is possible add a playlist to scheduler with all radio jingles and then radio boss add one jingle (random) of all list, like on playlist generator. I think that it will be exactly what i need :)
By the way, it is very hard to add for example jingles with scheduler, because there are "repeat after x minutes" method. I think it will be very comfortable, if user can make timetable and just write which jingle on what time to play. I really hope something like that will be in the future.

Thanks.

[quote author="Paulius"]Maybe it is possible add a playlist to scheduler with all radio jingles and then radio boss add one jingle (random) of all list, like on playlist generator. I think that it will be exactly what i need[/quote]
We have such function planned for future release, at the end of July.
There is a workaround, you can create playlist for each jingle, i.e. you have for example, 10 jingles, so you create 10 playlists - one jingle in each playlist, then you save all that playlists to some folder (c:\jingles for example). In the scheduler then you can use command "getrandomplaylist C:\jingles" - this command will take random playlist (with one jingle) and play it. That shuold work :)

[quote author="Paulius"]By the way, it is very hard to add for example jingles with scheduler, because there are "repeat after x minutes" method. I think it will be very comfortable, if user can make timetable and just write which jingle on what time to play.[/quote]
I don't understand what's wring with "Repeat after X minutes" feature - you can just turn it off if you don't need it... If it's turned off the jingle will play one at time specified (or it'll play everyday at certain time if you don't have "Use date" option checked).

I don't understand what's wring with "Repeat after X minutes" feature - you can just turn it off if you don't need it... If it's turned off the jingle will play one at time specified (or it'll play everyday at certain time if you don't have "Use date" option checked).

Yea, that's right, you can turn it off, but the point is that if you need to play commercial every day on (for example) 10:20, 11:00 and 19:00 you can't use "repeat after x minutes" function and you should add this commercial 3 times on scheduler. It is no problem if there are only 3 times, but if we need to do it for all commercial it will be really hard...

Thanks for your expeditiously answers!

[quote author="Paulius"]It is no problem if there are only 3 times, but if we need to do it for all commercial it will be really hard...[/quote]
But anyway you cannot use the "repeat" feature to play one commercial multiple times a day if there are unequal time intervals.
So I see only the only way is to add commercials to each time they need to be played... How much commercials you need to add? (maybe we'll think about a better way to do this somehow...)

We have about 20 commercials at this time. And we must play each 7-10times per day at different time. So we should add 140-200 inscription at scheduler every day? No way...it will takes a lot of time at it is not comfortable...
We use another software temporarily, i hope this problem will be solved as soon as possible.

Of course we should do commercials schedule on each software, but the point is that it could be more comfortable to use. My advice for you is to let users to create scheduler themselves.
For example: you create schedule for "NOKIA" commercial and select time what you want to hear it. You will have one inscription but it will be played on yours time.

It is a little bit hard to say what i want, but i hope you understand me :)
Good luck!

In another player I use,it has the capability to schedule a timeslot to feed from a list of files which it plays in sequence and has repeat options to play once or every hour. I use it to rotate thru commercials,promos,stingers and psa's.The way it is done in RB is a bit clunky and should be streamlined a bit.

WILCOM LABS said:
In another player I use,it has the capability to schedule a timeslot to feed from a list of files which it plays in sequence and has repeat options to play once or every hour. I use it to rotate thru commercials,promos,stingers and psa's.The way it is done in RB is a bit clunky and should be streamlined a bit.

This feature is planned for the next version of RadioBOSS.

Back