Playlist Preview Mode

Dmitry,

With RadioBOSS getting smarter and smarter with music content through Playlist Generator Pro and perhaps ClockList - have you thought of adding a "Preview Mode" for playlists ?

A "Preview" button could be provided at the bottom of the playlist tabs to enable the first 5-10 seconds of each song to be played so a presenter or program director could pull up a playlist, hit the preview button and sit back and listen to a brief summary of what is on the page.  This allows the presenter to get a feeling for the program content in 1/30th of the normal play time - so a 4 hour program could be reviewed in 8 minutes.

Good idea ?

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie, that's a good idea. In RB 4.9 the Preview player was enhanced: it now has prev and next track buttons.
I think we could add "go to the next track after XX seconds" feature so it will be possible to preview the whole playlist.

Dmitry,

Yep, that's the go - hands free operation - click the button once and sit back and listen to a summary of the whole playlist.

AND, extra good for listening to master playlists where we have meta-data tagged tracks in specific categories for their year or style or tempo.  Print out the playlist, hit the button, and mark the printout with a highlight pen for those songs that are unsuitable - then correct them at the finish.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Dmitry,

That is good news.  I think people will find this to be a very useful feature for preparing better music selections.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

I?d like to help from the ClockList side as well. It would be pretty easy cumulative, human readable text report from ClockList ? it would collect all of the songs, with meta data, in a tab-delimited format on a per-day basis. This would allow easy review of past selections.

This actually makes me think that there is a short-coming in ClockList ? it creates the playlist, dumping it to an M3U8 file, but doesn?t present a visual presentation to the end user of the results. I?ll look at creating a ?Playlist? dialog that will be shown after the playlist is created.

As for the preview capability, I?ll have to think about how I?d do that. Currently ClockList has no media capabilities. I can start researching how difficult it would be to add a ?Preview? button to the impending ?Playlist? dialog.

David

Dave,

It's good to see your suggestions about smart music content tools.  I described your clock with colured dots to a radio presenter here and he smiled and said "what have I been saying".

Today I have been doing a 4 hour live shift and the music has been assembled automatically from master playlists that were put together manually.  The music today has been mostly good but once every now and then we've heard a "ring in" that should not have been included in our master list.

The preview mode will help us vet the master playlists in less time and produce a much better music base.

Thanks,  Jamie C.

Jamie -

"As you wish!" I have updated ClockList.

After building the playlist, a dialog box appears that is populated with the playlist. Although it is not editable, the user can quickly scan through the songs to hear them (including Next and Previous buttons).

The user can also copy the playlist, as tab-delimited text, onto the clipboard for further analysis in other tools.

Be sure you uninstall any previous version before trying the new version of the beta.

http://radiodave.us/pics/ClockListBeta16APR2013.zip

Back