Podcast RSS Feed - no metadata

FLRMike

Hello all!

I am trying to get an RSS feed to stream from RB cloud. I set up a playlist with "Stream" as the type and a link to the RSS feed as the Network Stream URL. Then I check the Podcast button to get the latest episode. The audio plays but the metadata is blank so it uses the previously played music track information, which is not good. I have tried this on two (2) different RSS feeds. The RSS data looks valid when I go to the RSS URL. On the RadioBOSS Cloud Overview screen, the Now Playing just shows blank as does the playlist for that line.

I know I can override the artist and title, but I would rather it pick up the RSS data with the actual show title which changes per episode. So far, only the latest audio plays. I need the metadata to go with it.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you!
Mike

It will show empty title when there's no metadata information in-stream. Are you sure the stream contains metadata?

The RSS link is a standard XML format. There are tags for title, link, description, URL... Is it possible it isn't being parsed correctly? Or, maybe my link is not correct?

The RSS link is a standard XML format. There are tags for title, link, description, URL... Is it possible it isn't being parsed correctly? Or, maybe my link is not correct?
RadioBOSS doesn't use that info, it uses metadata that is included in the audio stream itself. I'll see what we can do about it - for cases when there's no in-stream metadata, it could probably use data from the XML.

Ok. Thank you for your help. It sounds like the mp3 file that is referenced in the XML RSS feed is played, but the mp3 file was either recorded without metadata or the metadata was removed somewhere during the process. As an alternative I could download the show mp3 file and place it somewhere to replay or, I would add a generic title in the RadioBOSS scheduler. An automated solution would be best if it is possible..

In the next version, RadioBOSS will use the title from XML for cases when there's no metadata in the stream.

A correction on this - while checking this bug, it turned out that in case when Podcast checkbox is checked, RadioBOSS uses title specified in the RSS/XML feed and does not read title from the stream. Still, next version will have some minor corrections in the area.

Back