Port issue?

STKing

Hello there, I'm using RadioBOSS to try to broadcast our high school radio via Shoutcast, as the final proyect on my degree. I've been testing the server on my house with no issues, but as soon as i have to configure the server on the high school radio PC, the server keeps connecting and disconnecting all the time.

We know it can't be a connectivity issue, since the school has high speed internet or so they tell me. So what i need to know is if this issue can only be solved by forwarding ports, since they have to do that on the school's internal network for me to broadcast radio.

Thank you very much for your time.

STKing said:
the server keeps connecting and disconnecting all the time
You should inspect server logs to see why it's disconnecting you.

STKing said:
So what i need to know is if this issue can only be solved by forwarding ports, since they have to do that on the school's internal network for me to broadcast radio.
It depends on where the Shoutcast server is located. If it's behind a NAT on another computer in the same network, then port forwarding is likely to be required. If it's on some external server then you should check if firewall allows external connections.

I got it working for a brief moment but then, it started restarting all the time with the error "Server connection closed (output 1) Restarting..."

How can i see the server logs? I need to see if they offer me some more info insted of just that error code.

STKing said:
How can i see the server logs? I need to see if they offer me some more info insted of just that error code.
The error message you see in RadioBOSS means that the server have disconnected RadioBOSS. The logs are located where the server configuration is set to save the logs. Do you manage the server yourself? If so, I suggest to look at the server folder, the logs are usually there or in a subfolder, typically called "logs".

Back