Priority over live stream

aprizion

Hi, this is for RadioBoss cloud -- I would like to know if is there an possibility to pause an "scheduled live stream" or "Live streaming connection", play an element scheduled and returns to the "scheduled live stream" or "Live streaming connection".

I know we have the option "priority over a live stream", but because this will be an overlay playback, the metadata of the scheduled element is not sent (ans this is the goal). On the other hand, we have the option "Pause playlist while event is playing", but on that case of "scheduled live stream" using scheduler or "Live streaming connection", the option it must be something like "Pause live stream/broadcast and resume/returns after scheduled element finish to play" or "Pause and Resume Live" to be more clean. Is there any way to do this, please?

I know we have the option "priority over a live stream", but because this will be an overlay playback, the metadata of the scheduled element is not sent (ans this is the goal).
Currently this is the only easy way to play something with priority over the live stream.

This task looks like a very specific one, you can probably try synchronizing: overlay event with priority plays in the cloud and at the same time a track (can be silence) starts from where you stream live, with only purpose to send a track title to the server. Other possible solution is to directly send metadata to Icecast server but this will require some coding.

Hello, if I want to interrupt a live stream that is running and play a music playlist between 00h-06h (please check screenshot):

1- I need to keep the option Set playlist level to "zero" (here "playlist" level means the "live stream") or pause playlist while event is playing? Please, consider that pause "playlist" means that playlist is the live stream

2- I need to set "priority over live stream", right?

3-Also, because the event is schedule to start at 00h and finish at 06h, if the system show me the "last repeat time" is at 05h this really means will be started for the last time at 05h and will finish at 06h?

PS.: From 06h until 23h59 the station is operationally with live source.

I really appreciate your help, thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231214_093238_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231214_093238_Chrome.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 34
1- I need to keep the option Set playlist level to "zero" (here "playlist" level means the "live stream") or pause playlist while event is playing? Please, consider that pause "playlist" means that playlist is the live stream
You should set its level to zero, but leave it playing (do not pause). This way, when the overlay event ends, live stream will resume playing immediately.

2- I need to set "priority over live stream", right?
If you added your live stream to the playlist and play it from there, this option doesn't do anything. This is only when you stream live: https://www.radioboss.fm/support/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/

3-Also, because the event is schedule to start at 00h and finish at 06h, if the system show me the "last repeat time" is at 05h this really means will be started for the last time at 05h and will finish at 06h?
Finish time is not configured in the scheduler - if you need to start event at some time and play it for a fixed time, use the Duration Limit option.

Ok, I am broadcasting live from RadioBoss and sending to RadioBoss Cloud (URL was "not" added directly), but we're broadcasting live:

1702573001361.png

Below is the test:
I've set the following settings, but nothing happens... It keeps with live source and there's no overaly in the live audio [live source] to RadioBoss Cloud (Music playlist), as you can see below. What I am doing wrong?

1702573051820.png

1702573164670.png

Thanks,

Attachments

• 1702573085543.png
    1702573085543.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 28
I've set the following settings, but nothing happens... It keeps with live source and there's no overaly in the live audio [live source] to RadioBoss Cloud (Music playlist), as you can see below. What I am doing wrong?
The event is configured to start a single music track every 24 hours, at 12 am. Looks like it's not quite right.

Back