question about scheduled events

xzsaimon16

Is there a way so when the event scheduler is in "manual" mode it runs an event anyway? For example, an event to generate a playlist, a backup, etc. This is for when working live (manual) in the same way certain events selected by the user are executed.

In manual mode, no events are started automatically. It will be pretty complex to check what event does, for instance, creating playlist using generate command may also start playback/modify playlist window, certainly that must no happen in Manual mode. There are potential issues with multi action events. Maybe certain exception can be done for selected commands, when this command is the only event's action, and all other events will not run. What do you think?

In manual mode, no events are started automatically. It will be pretty complex to check what event does, for instance, creating playlist using generate command may also start playback/modify playlist window, certainly that must no happen in Manual mode. There are potential issues with multi action events. Maybe certain exception can be done for selected commands, when this command is the only event's action, and all other events will not run. What do you think?
It's true, I hadn't thought of it this way. And I find it to be less problematic, it would be great with just the selected commands. Brilliant!

True, but we would have to add at least the one to create playlists, that is, generate command (without loading it into the playback window)
generate command also adds track to the playlist, that's how this command works. If you start the Playlist Generator using the "run ..." syntax, we may add the run command to the exceptions as well.

generate command also adds track to the playlist, that's how this command works. If you start the Playlist Generator using the "run ..." syntax, we may add the run command to the exceptions as well.
I understand, meaning that "run" will only open the PLGP and create the playlist? even if the event scheduler is in manual mode? Was this added in the last update 7.0.2.0?

I understand, meaning that "run" will only open the PLGP and create the playlist? even if the event scheduler is in manual mode? Was this added in the last update 7.0.2.0?
It was not, I'll schedule it for the next update. "run" command will only launch the playlist generator, it will create the playlist and save it to a file, without starting playback or inserting it into the playlist.

It was not, I'll schedule it for the next update. "run" command will only launch the playlist generator, it will create the playlist and save it to a file, without starting playback or inserting it into the playlist.
Thank you, this function is important for us who work during the day with the manual event scheduler

Back