RadioBoss and streaming in flac format

Sasa Grbic

I am testing the possibility of streaming in flac format. However, when I open the web interface of the server, it says 320 as bitrate, and before playing the stream in flac format, it was playing mp3 at 320 kbps on the same server. Can it be resolved that RadioBoss sends the correct bitrate information for flac or if not possible to not send any bitrate information at all.

Yes... Now I played aac plus at 32 kbps, then I switched back to flac and it says that the bitrate is at 32 kbps.

Yes... Now I played aac plus at 32 kbps, then I switched back to flac and it says that the bitrate is at 32 kbps.
It includes bitrate information in the headers, and bitrate is taken from the encoder settings. Currently this can't be turned off. What does it affect anyway?

It affects the display of information in some Android applications where my radio is playing. If I were to play this stream publicly, it might confuse the listener when he checks the station's bitrate and consumes more megabytes than he wants.

It affects the display of information in some Android applications where my radio is playing. If I were to play this stream publicly, it might confuse the listener when he checks the station's bitrate and consumes more megabytes than he wants.
OK, I'll see what can be done about it. FLAC bitrate depends on what music is being transmitted (some compresses better than the other), I guess it will just report some typical FLAC bitrate like 1100kbps.

Back