RadioBOSS counter

radium98

Hey i suggest as an standalone application a RadioBOSS counterthat have this idea maybe its an old idea but need a developpement.

RadioBOSS Counter

RadioBOSS Counter work together with RadioBOSS Radio Automation System. This module give an information how many times a song was played. This is very useful when you make the station week mont or year charts. Just add the needed RadioBOSS log-files to the system and the statistic is done.

Now the user can make hour statistic for each song or commercial. Just double click on the song or commercial name. You can export hour statistic in text fail using "Select Export File" and "Export To TEXT File" buttons.

and how a song will be played for a bill relevant

Files:

*  Input statistic file - example
        * Output text file      - example
        * Hour output text file - example

It's already possible to know how many times track was played: RadioBOSS sets the "Playcount" attribute in the track.

Hello,

I think it would be good if in the future RadioBOSS offers detailed statistics about the songs that have been played. This will be especially useful once you release the RadioBOSS API, because customers will be able to implement voting systems and will want to collect data about their listeners? preferences.

This feature could also take advantage of embedded ID3v2 tags : in the ? comments ? field, one would be able to to add more information related to the song, through custom tags.

So, as I see it, RadioBOSS could provide daily and monthly information such as :
- most played songs (e.g. top 10)
- most played genres (e.g. rock, techno, etc.)
- most played countries (e.g. Russia, Belarus, etc. - this is possible with custom ID3 tags, e.g. belarus.country in the comments field)
- total played songs (e.g. 522 songs played today, which is 63% of the total number of songs)
- total played genres (e.g. rock, techno and folk)
- total played countries (e.g. Belarus, Latvia and Somalia)

Note : it would be better to make a distinction between ? most played ? and ? most resquested ?, probably through a custom command in the API that would enable RadioBOSS to make a specific list of requested songs. Then it can compare this list with another list of non-requested songs.

E.g. the software knows that song A has been played 10 times in total, due to 2 random selections in the playlist and 8 listeners requests.

Partially this can be performed via Report Generator: Tools->Report Generator.

There are 2 types of reports:
* Playcount - it will show how much times each track was played. Sort this descending by Playcount and you can get Top 10/100/100.
* List - it will output a list of tracks which were played

All RB reports are saved in CSV so it's possible to analyze those files and do whatever statistics you need :)

After releasing RB API I think Report Generstor's features will be extended.

Back