RadioBOSS version clarification. 32-bit/64bit?

mbabb

On the downloads page for RB, I see a large button that reads "Download RadioBOSS" and next to it a smaller button that reads "X64". I assume the larger button is for the 32-bit version and the smaller one is to download the 64-bit version. Now, because I'm somewhat of a computer techie, I will click the X64 button whenever I'm installing on a 64-bit OS. However, most of the people I know, have no clue and just click the "Download RadioBOSS" button (because that's what the button say's). I assume RB 64-bit version runs better on a 64-bit machine than running the 32-bit version? Are there any possible issues if someone let's say downloads the 64-bit version then when an update comes along they download the 32-bit version? I'm just curious. If I go and request my license information & keys, it looks like the link to download RB is the 32-bit version.

I assume the larger button is for the 32-bit version and the smaller one is to download the 64-bit version.
Yes, correct. The 32-bit is the default, and 64-bit also offered as an option.

I assume RB 64-bit version runs better on a 64-bit machine than running the 32-bit version?
There's no measurable difference, speed or otherwise. It (64-bit version) will actually use more memory due to larger memory pointer sizes. The only practical reason to use a 64-bit version if you want to run some plugin (VST) that only has 64-bit version. Or for aesthetic purposes.

If I go and request my license information & keys, it looks like the link to download RB is the 32-bit version.
Yes, the template still offers only one edition. You can add _x64 before .exe to download the 64-bit edition.

Last edited:
Back