RadioCaster appears to Crash when I connect to the computer with Remote Desktop

Qboy61

When I connect/disconnect to/from my Windows 10 machine using Windows remote Desktop, the remote machine running RadioCaster with streaming audio sounds like it is temporarily interrupted. My streamed audio jumps or stops temporarily. The RDP is set to leave the audio on the remote machine. When I see the desktop on the remote computer running RadioCaster the RC app is now up on the desktop and it was previously left minimized. I do not show crash events in Windows event logs but it seems as though RadioCaster had somehow stopped and restarted. I have "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" on RadioCaster selected so I have to think that the action of connecting to the machine with RDP somehow initiates this. It did not do this under Windows 8.1 at all. I could connect to/from the machine and the stream never "skipped a beat." I have updated the OS to Windows 10 and this began happening. It does not appear to be an audio buffer problem with my player/audio processor apps (I have enlarged the buffers to the maximum and this problem is unaffected). I have tried two other Windows 10 machines and this is consistent on those machines also. I have fully rebuilt the machine with a clean install of Windows 10 and this problem is there on a fresh install. Is this a known issue? Is there something in Windows 10/RadioCaster that can be configured to stop this?

What is your Windows 10 running on and what plug-ins do you have loaded if your using 22H then I think it tries to take over the sound setting from Realtek or other motherboard you could reinstall the correct drivers and try to see if this solves this? Make sure your sound drivers are correct ones , hope this helps as we ran on Windows 10 with no sound issues, however, we dont currently use RadioCaster so can't help with that :)

Am wondering why you are using RadioCaster are you aware if your using shout cast you server can add this to settings in RB. i downloaded RadioCaster but could see no reason other than extra interface between streams. I had hoped it was creating your ow stream from your computer software but this it is not :) try Settings >>Broadcast and + you add your server here

Is this a known issue? Is there something in Windows 10/RadioCaster that can be configured to stop this?
Not known, from our tests it works everywhere without problems. What source is used in RadioCaster? Probably a better option will be connecting with "No audio" in RDP.

Sorry, got lost for awhile... HMMMM above is somewhat onto the problem. I will uninstall all audio drivers and see if Windows puts its own drivers in to test. I will also try older drivers to see if something got damaged along the way, and reconfirm current drivers. Currently I have 3 machines tested with different sound cards and different audio cards and they all seem to do it (though two may be different Realtek solutions... I'll have to check). "No Audio" on RDP is NOT the solution. That seems to upset the situation totally ("Play on Remote Device" was previously functioning perfect). My source is an audio stream from an external USB sound device (though it really doesn't matter and internal apps playing into the audio system have the issue). I've use VBaudio Voicemeeter sometimes and several other audio apps there always is an audio interruption upon RDP connection. I don't think this is RadioCaster alone but rather it's inherent in Windows 10. Recording a sound card audio stream with Audacity exhibits a stopping of the recording upon connection with RDP. This was never an issue previous to upgrading/fresh installing Windows 10. In previous versions of Windows I could connect and disconnect without any effects from the RDP connection. The RadioCaster app was where I noticed it first (besides the audio interruption) because I leave the machine with a clear desktop and only RadioCaster running minimized. Upon reconnecting to the machine RadioCaster is back up on the screen. I have to imagine RadioCaster is reacting to the loss of an audio source temporarily when RDP connects/disconnects (that is why Audacity stops recording) but RadioCaster recovers and starts streaming again, but of course the stream has dropouts (sometimes damaged encodes resulting in loud buzz or oscillation which could be the player). This could also be interruptions in the network but that doesn't explain Audacity stopping recording. This is also on every machine I have on Windows 10 and these machines do this even on fresh installs (default configurations). I haven't tried my Win10 virtual machine but I will try that shortly and report back. I will also see if I can generate a Win8.1 (or even Win7) virtual machine and test that (or I will replace Win8.1 on the audio streaming machine) and see if that's OK. I just though I'd ask here to see if someone else can recreate this issue.

Oh while testing I think this is the Windows 10 audio subsystem. VBaudio has VBAN low latency streaming and it is also interrupted by RDP connections. I just don't know how anyone else hasn't heard this since three machines I have are doing this (I will try some others as I find them).

Back