RadioCaster in PCM (WAV) format?

Yes, but you'll need to configure a custom encoder: https://manual.djsoft.net/radiocaster/en/custom-encoders.html

djsoft said:
The user manual page contains an example on how to configure it.

C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioCaster\Plugins\pcmraw.exe - -

It does not work because it shows me a bitrate of 1420 kbps, I only have the maximum of 320 kbps

Sunshare said:
It does not work because it shows me a bitrate of 1420 kbps, I only have the maximum of 320 kbps
PCM RAW means encoding without compression, it's the raw PCM data, uncompresed. It will have a much higher bitrate compared than mp3 or other compressed format. Are you sure you need this format at all?

djsoft said:
Sunshare said:
PCM RAW means encoding without compression, it's the raw PCM data, uncompresed. It will have a much higher bitrate compared than mp3 or other compressed format. Are you sure you need this format at all?

If I need the format to send audio from one studio to another studio over an internal network.

So I'm asking you to type in exactly what the example command should be if I was so nice. Thank you

Sunshare said:
If I need the format to send audio from one studio to another studio over an internal network.
If you want lossless data transfer, you should use FLAC instead. If you need PCM, then the command is shown in the user manual.

Sunshare said:
Hello, does the encoder type in FLAC do it with CBR or VBR in streaming?
FLAC is a lossless format, so the bitrate will vary as it needs to preserve the data without changes. The bitrate depends on sample rate and the number of channels.

Back