RB hangs when player is stopped for a while

salmofm

Hi Dmitry,
First let me say we LOVE RadioBoss here at SalmoFM!  We use RB as our primary player but often programmers will enable "Stop After this Track" and play a track from our CD player or from an online Music service like Spotify.  After RB sits idle for a bit, when attempting to start a track plying in RB again, it just hangs and even sometimes restarts.  Have you heard of this or have any ideas why this might be happening?

Hutch- Salmo Community Radio

What RadioBOSS you're using, is it the latest RadioBOSS 5.3.0.3? If not, please try installing an update.

It's hard to tell what could it be - we've tested this scenario here and never saw anything like this... Please try clicking Settings->Open Settings folder, and send all the bugreport_*.txt files to support@djsoft.net - those files may bring some light on what happens.

We are using the latest version but this is an issue that has been going on for quite a while.  I have no recent bug reports.  None since 2014!

When it happens there is one of those "(not responding) messages in the very upper left corner of the screen where it shows RadioBoss info.

Without bugreports it'll be way more difficult to diagnose. The next update will try to detect the not responding state and create a bug report. After that I think we'll get to the root cause...

Back