Request for batch mp3 tag editing/migrating

OrangeLazarus

In order to properly handle our reporting requirements, I need to find a way to quickly access either an ISRC value or a label/publisher value, which I have saved on my each of my tracks (around 20k). I understand that these are not standard tag fields, and I don't mind working with mp3Tag to move some of these values around if needed. So far, I have determined that I can use the comment field to accommodate one of these in the reporting, but I was hoping to find another miscellaneous field that I could use for the other. I couldn't figure out how to create a custom field that is viewable in mp3Tag unfortunately, and I may not know enough about sqlite to do this work under the hood.

Mp3Tag provides the ability to quickly migrate all of one tag to another for multiple tracks, I was wondering if we could have a similar feature within RadioBoss in the future? Thank you for building such great software, we are trying to migrate away from spacial audio this year.

Instead of using the comment field, RadioBOSS supports custom fields, you can configure them in Music Library, from the Tools menu. Those fields can contain any information and their primary purpose is reporting. You can create up to five custom fields.

Instead of using the comment field, RadioBOSS supports custom fields, you can configure them in Music Library, from the Tools menu. Those fields can contain any information and their primary purpose is reporting. You can create up to five custom fields.
I do appreciate those options, I just was trying to figure out how I can modify the values of those custom fields for around 20 thousand tracks without having to manually enter them one at a time.

I do appreciate those options, I just was trying to figure out how I can modify the values of those custom fields for around 20 thousand tracks without having to manually enter them one at a time.
You can batch edit tracks in Music Library. Select multiple tracks in the list, right click, "Track properties...".

You can batch edit tracks in Music Library. Select multiple tracks in the list, right click, "Track properties...".
Thank you, I see that can be really useful for adding a single value for a field for multiple tracks. Perhaps I can handle a few albums at a time pasting in label information, but I still have an issue having to manually add an ISRC (which is unique for all tracks). I hope I'm not being a bother, I appreciate your taking time to respond!

Ok, I have downloaded a SQLite editor and figured out how to copy values from one table's column (i.e. 'comment') to another table's column (field1). It involves using mp3Tag to move the cell data that is not visible to SQLite/RadioBoss (such as "ISRC" or "Publisher") to a column that is (like 'comment') but it will meet our needs :)

but I still have an issue having to manually add an ISRC (which is unique for all tracks)
If the value is different for each track, I don't see how it can be automated.

Ok, I have downloaded a SQLite editor and figured out how to copy values from one table's column (i.e. 'comment') to another table's column (field1). It involves using mp3Tag to move the cell data that is not visible to SQLite/RadioBoss (such as "ISRC" or "Publisher") to a column that is (like 'comment') but it will meet our needs :)
This will work too :)

Back