Resume playlist - Does not work after power failure

Logos

The current song and the position are saved in the "resume playback.ini.bak".
The next time you start RadioBoss, the last position will be read and the playlist will be continued at that point after the program starts.
But that often doesn't work in the event of a power failure. When Windows restarts, the file is empty.
In the event of a power failure, the open file is effectively deleted.
In rare cases, however, it works that the information is retained.

I think this is a typical problem with files remaining open even after writing has finished.
If RadioBoss was stopped before the power failure, this error does not exist.

It would be good if the error could be fixed soon, as our radio station should often run automatically when it is unoccupied.
We work with RadioBoss 5.9.2. And I don't know if this bug has been fixed in the new version.

Thanks

in my experience, if you have set RB to auto start on startup (i prefer to set a 30 second delay to allow other essential programs to run), when the pc restarts, RB starts and runs whatever was running when the power went out. This is with version 6.0.4.0, the latest version. I also have a UPS running to power my PC which basically keeps the PC going when brownouts occur, for about 10 minutes.

But that often doesn't work in the event of a power failure. When Windows restarts, the file is empty.
In the event of a power failure, the open file is effectively deleted.
In rare cases, however, it works that the information is retained.
This is not a problem with RadioBOSS. The data is first written to the drive cache, but not to the drive itself. If a power failure occurs before the buffer is flushed to the disk, the data in the buffer will be lost. You can either disable write caching - it's configured in the drive settings in Windows (note: this will severely hit the performance). A much better solution would be to use UPS.

Back