Saving Playlists and presets

MFM

Hi,
When saving a playlist with the same name as an existing one, there should be a warning prompt to confirm whether you want to replace the existing file. However, in the current situation, the warning prompt is missing, and it directly overwrites the existing playlist without any warning. The same issue also occurs when saving presets under the playlist generator pro.
Thanks

Regarding the playlist tab names, I feel that the current behavior is causing confusion as it allows multiple tabs with the same name to be opened.
Usually with word or pdf files when opening 2 files with the same name it notifies you that the file is already open or if it is opened in a tab mode it shows that tab on top of other opened ones.

Also it would be beneficial if the tab names automatically reflect the saved playlist name when opening it, and to open saved playlist automatically in a new tab or may be optional (replace current or open in a new tab).

Sorry another thing please, if I open a new playlist and I add some tracks, if I choose to close it before saving it would be good if it asks you do you want to save. Same thing happens if I open an existing saved playlist and I modify it then close it before saving, it doesn't ask if I want to save changes.
Thanks

When saving a playlist with the same name as an existing one, there should be a warning prompt to confirm whether you want to replace the existing file. However, in the current situation, the warning prompt is missing, and it directly overwrites the existing playlist without any warning.
We'll add confirmation in one of the next updates.

The same issue also occurs when saving presets under the playlist generator pro.
This is a different case, even when saving a new preset, you enter the name manually.

Regarding the playlist tab names, I feel that the current behavior is causing confusion as it allows multiple tabs with the same name to be opened.
This is by design, you can name tabs as you like.

Also it would be beneficial if the tab names automatically reflect the saved playlist name when opening it, and to open saved playlist automatically in a new tab or may be optional (replace current or open in a new tab).
You can create a new tab, then open a playlist. I don't think this should be improved.

This is a different case, even when saving a new preset, you enter the name manually.
Thank you for your answers, just to make it more clear in regards to presets, for example if I make a new preset and name it by mistake as an existing name it will overwrite the old one without warning. But don't worry about it for now, thanks.

Last edited:
You can create a new tab, then open a playlist. I don't think this should be improved
Just saying that because it happened with me yesterday when I opened a saved list by mistake over an auto generated playing one and I lost it without any warning (at least to save current playlist) and I couldn't retrieve it. I thought I share it with you because I think RB should be working as what we are used to when using any software on a PC. But again don't worry about it if you think it's not an issue. Thank you

Thank you for your answers, just to make it more clear in regards to presets, for example if I make a new preset and name it by mistake as an existing name it will overwrite the old one without warning. But don't worry about it for now, thanks.
Yes, that's what will happen. I think a warning will be appropriate, thank you for pointing out this issue.

I think RB should be working as what we are used to when using any software on a PC
I don't recall why we turned off the warning. I believe it was there (it's the default dialog behavior) but it was turned off for some reason. We'll bring it back to make behavior more standard.

Back