Schedule diferent type of internet broadcasting

pety

Dmitry

I need to schedule different type source of internet broadcasting.
In some periods of time I want to broadcast with "Audio mix" and in other periods with "Input 1".

How can I do that?

It's not easily possible. You can run two RadioBOSS'es: first one connects too a server and broadcasts from Input 1, which is a virtual audio card. Second RB will play whatever you need to the same virtual card - this way you will select the actual broadcasting input from the second RB.

djsoft said:
It's not easily possible. You can run two RadioBOSS'es: first one connects too a server and broadcasts from Input 1, which is a virtual audio card. Second RB will play whatever you need to the same virtual card - this way you will select the actual broadcasting input from the second RB.
This is an ideea but only for me not for non-technik people.
Will you take it as reques?
RadioBOSS broadcast with "Audio mix" and after a period of time a command will disconnect "Audio mix" and connect "Input 1".
That will be great.

pety said:
This is an ideea but only for me not for non-technik people.
Will you take it as reques?
RadioBOSS broadcast with "Audio mix" and after a period of time a command will disconnect "Audio mix" and connect "Input 1".
That will be great.
I'll add this to the list of requests, but I don't promise that it will be implemented... This needs to be considered.

OK !
I discovered that there are some situation when this feature is a must have.
For example my streaming PC is shut down right now.

RadioBOSS PC works through Audio Mixer and Re-Broadcasting goes through RB Line.IN.
Line.IN is managed by Windows Mixer that's why we use only "Audio Mix" for broadcasting.
In week-end we shut down Audio Mixer and change Output from RB directly to Transmitter (cable switch).

The problem here is that this feature will not be very popular among other users, as there are few people who use it on Windows XP (the percentage of Windows XP users lowers each year) and only few of them have the need to switch the streaming source...

It's in the request list, and I'll take a look at it - probably a scheduler command will be added to switch the source. But, as I said, no promises yet.

djsoft said:
The problem here is that this feature will not be very popular among other users, as there are few people who use it on Windows XP (the percentage of Windows XP users lowers each year) and only few of them have the need to switch the streaming source...

It's in the request list, and I'll take a look at it - probably a scheduler command will be added to switch the source. But, as I said, no promises yet.
My perception is that this feature is very usual in all radio stations wich I know (about 14). Indeed, not all of them works with RadioBOSS but use different type of source for broadcast in different contexts.
It is ok if "no promises yet."

A scheduler command to switch the broadcasting source will be added in the next update (RB 5.1.2) - planned for July 20.

djsoft said:
A scheduler command to switch the broadcasting source will be added in the next update (RB 5.1.2) - planned for July 20.
Cool! Thanks, thanks, thanks.

I have a slightly different requirement, that may already be answered but I haven't found it yet.

I run RB on an Outside Broadcast unit with no external mixer desk, just using a "Gaming" Headset and boom mike - it's very effective and easy to pack away into a rucksak.

However, this means I set Broadcast channel to Audio Mix and it mixes RB and mike well.

My question/requirement is, (how) can I broadcast audio from the cloud/internet via this Audio Mix? (I don't think I have been able to so far, but it may be a simple setting I have missed).
I use resources like Reverbnation on the web to play new bands.

howebzar said:
My question/requirement is, (how) can I broadcast audio from the cloud/internet via this Audio Mix? (I don't think I have been able to so far, but it may be a simple setting I have missed).
I use resources like Reverbnation on the web to play new bands.
"Audio Mix" in RadioBOSS simply means that it broadcasts whatever is playing in RadioBOSS. You can try adding stream URL to the playlist - probably Reverebnation allows it.

Back