Scheduled Event Item Not Scheduling According to Repeat Time

Gen2point0

Hey DJSoft,
I'm sorry... I really hate to keep being a pain  :-X

So, I'm scheduling short drops for my station. They're being scheduled as single random track from a folder in the event scheduler.

I have it set for every day, starting at 12:00:00am, to repeat every 13 minutes.

However, I've noticed, that when it runs, it will count down whatever minutes it feels like after it runs 1 of the events. Say, it schedules a short drop event, then it will count down 2 minutes and 50 seconds, during a 3 minute song... which will make the event schedule again before that song is over. Now, I run into Short Drop, Song, Short Drop, Song ... I don't want that. That's too repetitive for me (which is why I have it scheduled for ever 13 minutes... but it doesn't seem to think that me having a repeat time checked means anything hehe

All the other scheduled events I have (playlist chain, station ID (at :47) and Top of Hour scheduled right at the top of each hour are all DEAD on... and I've used this feature before, and never had a problem with it until now.

If you have any suggestions, or could help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated! Also, if you need any more info from me, please let me know. I'll give you whatever info you need to help! hehe

Thank you!

Please post a screenshot of task where you have 13 minutes repeat period, but it starts every 3 minutes...

This theoretically may happen if you set too many repeats ("no more than... times") so it goes "around" the day...
Say, we have a task which repeats "every 70 minutes". To fill whole day and don't pass to another, we should set it to repeat no more than 1440 (minutes in 1 day) / 70 = 20 times.
AFAIK, RadioBOSS checks for this, and shouldn't allow such "cycles" but sometimes things doesn't work as expected...

Sure thing!

You'll see that I have it set to repeat every 13 minutes, no more than 1,000 times in the window in the forefront... and on the event viewer to the bottom left, you'll notice that the short drops were scheduled exactly 3 minutes apart (16:01:59, and 16:04:59).

Thanks again for your help!

izojvd.jpg

I checked our records and it's more like a feature :), not a bug. Cannot fix it - another users will complain...

About your situation, to avoid unwanted repeats change the "no more than" number to "110" (=1440/13).

Back