Scheduled Event Wizard command clarification

mbabb

When scheduling an event and using the wizard and selecting "Play one track from a playlist or folder" what is the difference in the next screen option of "Play one track from a playlist or folder" and the other option of "Select one track from a folder" if all I want to do is to play one track randomly from a folder?  I do notice that the actual command appears to be different when I select "Select one track from a folder".

thanks

Michael Babb said:
When scheduling an event and using the wizard and selecting "Play one track from a playlist or folder" what is the difference in the next screen option of "Play one track from a playlist or folder" and the other option of "Select one track from a folder" if all I want to do is to play one track randomly from a folder?  I do notice that the actual command appears to be different when I select "Select one track from a folder".
The first option internally uses the Track List feature (which you can add manually: menu Playlist->Add Track List). It respects the "Track list repeat protection rules". The second option uses, as you already noted, another command internally, and it gives additional features: select newest, oldest or random track, and you can optionally delete the track after playback.

Back