Some ISSUES

pety

Dmitriy
I use latest RadioLogger and RadioCaster.
Both of them use the same input Line.
The problem is that RadioLogger has a lowest volume level than RadioCaster.
Any solution?

Attachments

• RC_RL_sameInput.jpg
    RC_RL_sameInput.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 392
The bug doesn't reproduce here. It could be something to do with your sound card driver. Try changing the sound card mode, e.g. use DirectSound instead of WASAPI.

djsoft said:
The bug doesn't reproduce here. It could be something to do with your sound card driver. Try changing the sound card mode, e.g. use DirectSound instead of WASAPI.
I wil try DirectSound but it happened on two PC's already, with two different sound card.
Also you see another bug at RadioCaster:  listeners 0.
If you check my streaming (http://s5.radioboss.fm:8099/index.html?sid=1/) you will see that there are listeners. This bug is almost 2 years.

pety said:
I wil try DirectSound but it happened on two PC's already, with two different sound card.
The two PCs are similar in configuration and the OS used?

pety said:
Also you see another bug at RadioCaster:  listeners 0.
If you check my streaming (http://s5.radioboss.fm:8099/index.html?sid=1/) you will see that there are listeners. This bug is almost 2 years.
In order to retrieve the statistics, you need to specify Shoutcast administrator password in encoder settings, Metadata tab.

pety said:
djsoft said:
pety said:
The two PCs are similar in configuration and the OS used?
Different PC's. Windows 7 both.
Does it matter which of the programs is started first? E.g. if you start RadioLogger and then RadioCaster, will RadioCaster have lower sound level? If only one of the programs is started, is there sound level problem?

Dmitriy
I tried as you asked me. Unfortunately RadioLogger has a native low recording volume.
RadioCaster saved me with DSP module (VST - JB Broadcast).
Right now I think to use voicemeeter for RadioLogger. I'll make some tests today.

By the way! A DSP for RadioLogger will save the situation...

pety said:
I tried as you asked me. Unfortunately RadioLogger has a native low recording volume.
If RadioLogger shows you low level - then it means that you have low level on the input you use for recording. Check levels in Sound control panel applet.

I don't think RadioLogger should do any sound processing - its purpose is to log the sound as it is.

djsoft said:
pety said:
If RadioLogger shows you low level - then it means that you have low level on the input you use for recording. Check levels in Sound control panel applet.

I don't think RadioLogger should do any sound processing - its purpose is to log the sound as it is.
Dmitriy, the fact is the same. RadioLogger has a low level. RadioCaster has a good level. Both of them use the same line input which come from external audio tuner. If I increase output volume of the tuner, still remain the same difference about 9-12 db between RadioCaster and RadioLogger. If you want to see it in action I'll give you permission to access my work PC by teamviewer. In windows OS audio recording volume is high.

You said that RadioCastes uses a DSP - probably, it make level higher. What happens if you turn off DSP in RadioCaster?

I suppose the problem is that you have low volume level in the Sound control panel applet for this input.

djsoft said:
You said that RadioCastes uses a DSP - probably, it make level higher. What happens if you turn off DSP in RadioCaster?

I suppose the problem is that you have low volume level in the Sound control panel applet for this input.
Dmitriy, I removed DSP bcouse of distorsion.
My impression is that you want to hide this bug.
No more talking. I am waiting for you to inspect yourself every settings...
If you want to fix it it is ok if not I can find a solution as always...

The problem is that the bug does not reproduce here. We figured out that DSP is not a problem here. What about the recorded files - do they actually have the low level (there's a chance that it's level display issue, but actual audio is OK)?

djsoft said:
The problem is that the bug does not reproduce here. We figured out that DSP is not a problem here. What about the recorded files - do they actually have the low level (there's a chance that it's level display issue, but actual audio is OK)?
Ha ha ha. RADIOBOSS Team approach: cannot reproduce, doesn'exist. Give me a break.

Until the bug is reproduced (or at least we find what is the problem), it can't be fixed.

djsoft said:
Until the bug is reproduced (or at least we find what is the problem), it can't be fixed.
How many unreproduced bugs were fixed?
How many possible bugs were fixed?

I gave you all the info and I am ready to give you permission to check yourself about what I am talking.

Try in your mind to be myself.
What else will you do to make a man who cannot reproduce a bug that the bug exists? And he knows that a lot of unreproduced bugs were fixed becouse some annoying guys were persevering.

I solved my problem becouse I had to, but the bug is there. Your problem if you don't care.

I asked the question for more information on the problem, but you didn't answer, the question was:
[q]What about the recorded files - do they actually have the low level (there's a chance that it's level display issue, but actual audio is OK)?[/b]

This way we'll know the type of the problem: is it low audio volume, or if it's something wrong with the level bar display. On all test machines here it works just fine that's why more information is needed.

djsoft said:
I asked the question for more information on the problem, but you didn't answer, the question was:
[q]What about the recorded files - do they actually have the low level (there's a chance that it's level display issue, but actual audio is OK)?

This way we'll know the type of the problem: is it low audio volume, or if it's something wrong with the level bar display. On all test machines here it works just fine that's why more information is needed.
Recorded files are low as volume. This is a issue of years. My co-worker asked me about this issue long time ago. I consider that I gave you all the information. I do not care anymore about this subject. So you can close the post.

pety said:
Recorded files are low as volume. This is a issue of years. My co-worker asked me about this issue long time ago. I consider that I gave you all the information. I do not care anymore about this subject. So you can close the post.
OK. This is the first time I hear about this, it was never reported before. I added it to the list of bugs. We'll see what can be done about it.

Back