Spaces occasionally deleted when saving .csv from Report Generator

OrangeLazarus

I have noticed on two separate installations of Radio Boss, with two completely separate audio libraries that several spaces are disappearing between words when I save generated reports to csv format. As I was typing this, I checked pdf/html/rtf formats and thought they looked alright, but I realized that the missing spaces might correspond with field values that are long enough to have a line break/wrap. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

1688852232402.png
1688851912025.png

Attachments

• 1688852662643.png
    1688852662643.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 79
I guess there is another quirky thing that I'm finding with the Report Generator -> CSV. It is seeming to add additional 'hidden' columns. I have the csv set to use comma as delimiter, but the issue was present when using semi-colons as well. This issue was not present in 6.2.4.2, but is present on two different installations of 6.3.2.0.

Here is the preview of the report and then the corresponding csv file:
1688874465551.png

1688874541484.png

RadioBOSS uses a 3rd party library to create CSV reports, looks like the bug was introduced there. Do you have the same issue if you export it with other formats e.g. PDF?

All the other formats seem to look alright. This is PDF, and there are no extra columns (second issue). For the first issue with no space between some words, it is impossible to tell that there is no space between some words when there is a line break. Does radio boss break after a certain number of characters and perhaps a trim() function is run to eliminate whitespace at the end of the row? I notice that RTF looks really wonky, like it is a partial screenshot of the preview version.
1688890977326.png

I have noticed on two separate installations of Radio Boss, with two completely separate audio libraries that several spaces are disappearing between words when I save generated reports to csv format. As I was typing this, I checked pdf/html/rtf formats and thought they looked alright, but I realized that the missing spaces might correspond with field values that are long enough to have a line break/wrap. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 13280View attachment 13279
To troubleshoot this problem, you can try the following steps:

1. Check for any available updates for Radio Boss. Sometimes, software updates include bug fixes that could address the issue you're facing.
  2. Review the settings and options in Radio Boss related to report generation and CSV export. Look for any settings that control formatting or line breaks in exported reports. Adjusting these settings might help resolve the problem.
  3. Test with different field values of varying lengths to see if the missing spaces consistently occur with long values that wrap or have line breaks. This will help confirm whether the issue is related to line breaks or wrapping.
  4. Reach out to Radio Boss support or their community forums to see if other users have experienced a similar problem. They might be able to provide specific guidance or offer a solution.
  5. As a temporary workaround, you could consider exporting the reports in a different format (e.g., PDF, HTML, or RTF) where the missing spaces do not occur. This would allow you to preserve the correct formatting while investigating the CSV export issue.
Remember to provide specific details about your Radio Boss version, settings, and the steps you've taken so far when seeking support. This information will help others understand your situation better and provide more targeted assistance.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with missing spaces in the CSV reports.

Back