Stream disconnects when no audio playing

bbm

When the RadioBoss playlist stops, the stream disconnects. It reconnects when starting audio agian. But the disconnects also boots the listeners from the server. Any way to prevent this disconnecting ?

@bbm this is what all streams do they disconnect if the connection is not live. try talking to your stream provider.

Reactions: bbm
@bbm this is what all streams do they disconnect if the connection is not live. try talking to your stream provider.
I own the stream server. It's a regular Shoutcast DNAS.
With other non-RadioBoss stations, if for any reason there is a silence, the stream to the server does not disconnect.
For example, I stream Air Traffic Control using BUTT to Shoutcast. 90% of the time, it's dead-silent as there is no spoken audio on air. The stream does not disconnect the listeners when there is a silence. This is not a setting on the server.

I only have the issue with RadioBoss. Whenever there is a silence in the audio, it disconnects the server. Very annoying.
I hope you understand.

Try this , maybe it helps
1712008749077.png

Reactions: bbm
Of course, but that does not answer the question.
it seems in the case of a silence, this could also be for example there is a network-issue or otherwise,
the stream connection disconnects. can this be disabled ?
When nothing is playing, not even the silence, the server (not RadioBOSS) will disconnect the stream - most servers are configured this way. In case of any other failure, RadioBOSS will reconnect (unless you disabled this in the encoder configuration).

With other non-RadioBoss stations, if for any reason there is a silence, the stream to the server does not disconnect.
Silence vs no audio at all is a different thing for the server. You can make RadioBOSS send silence as I described above. This will prevent the server from disconnecting.

Back