Stream Title In RadioCaster

djgenius

I am in desperate need to find out how can I set my Broadcast title in Radiocaster. I know I can go to settings and use text but I need to have the Artist name & song title.

I see that you can use a file do I need to put something in a file? If so can someone put the correct information on what I need to put in the file and the format (txt xml) I should save it as?

Thanks in Advance.

Yes, your player needs to output artist/title information to a txt file, which RadioCaster will then read.
Simple NotePad style.
Example:
Enrique Iglesias - Taking Back My Love

djgenius your playout software should produce .txt file, RadioCaster will use all contents of this file as a track title.

If you need custom title formats, it's much easier to setup in RadioBOSS: you can use something like "%artist - %title (%album)". As RadioCaster doesn't play tracks by itself, it needs an external source of metadata (eg. a txt file).

i have noticed using a .txt file that my shoutcast servers keep picking up the title every few seconds, so if i am playing "Blue - One Love" the last 10 tracks over a minute will build up to be the same song over and over again.

Example:
1. Blue - One Love
2. Blue - One Love
3. Blue - One Love

when it should only update when i play another song, It has only started happening since i have used radiocaster, Do you think it is a bug?

thank you very much, one more question about radiocaster, is there a way to hide how many listeners are listening to the streams? as presenters keep fiddling with radiocaster trying to see how many are listening and then closing the program and also fiddling with the settings.

thanks

To prevent program from closing you can check the "Ask on close" option.

A possible solution to protect settings and closing: run RadioCaster from another, password-protected Windows user while presenters will work under another Windows account.

Back