Streaming Problem RB 5.4

nelson c

There is a small problem in the streaming which is very important to me.

We use studies with FM transmitter site via a streaming online.
In the transmission plant Internet providers have two each assigned to an instance of RadioBOSS, for redundancy.

At the moment a failure occurs in the transmission, for example RB internet provider falls.
Previously, before a court in the transmission when the buffer is emptied immediately he went to the next track. (When he did not specify a time streaming playback)
Now 5.4 this two seconds is silent. (I guess trying to reconnect)

This is very serious for us. At the moment that a cut is detected Playback passed to another instance of RB with another ISP (via the API). As it uses DirectSound and a wide (5 seconds) buffer She spent another instance of the RB, before the court heard.

If you install this version at the transmitter site a 'pothole two seconds "is generated in FM.
Of course we are using the previous version to prevent this from happening. But if this is not corrected we will be forced to stay in an old version (at the transmitter site) to prevent this from happening.

nelson c said:
There is a small problem in the streaming which is very important to me.

We use studies with FM transmitter site via a streaming online.
In the transmission plant Internet providers have two each assigned to an instance of RadioBOSS, for redundancy.

At the moment a failure occurs in the transmission, for example RB internet provider falls.
Previously, before a court in the transmission when the buffer is emptied immediately he went to the next track. (When he did not specify a time streaming playback)
Now 5.4 this two seconds is silent. (I guess trying to reconnect)

This is very serious for us. At the moment that a cut is detected Playback passed to another instance of RB with another ISP (via the API). As it uses DirectSound and a wide (5 seconds) buffer She spent another instance of the RB, before the court heard.

If you install this version at the transmitter site a 'pothole two seconds "is generated in FM.
Of course we are using the previous version to prevent this from happening. But if this is not corrected we will be forced to stay in an old version (at the transmitter site) to prevent this from happening.
The same problem for me too. RB 5.4.0.1. beta has streaming problems

Do you mean when you play URL and network connection fails, RadioBOSS does not immediately go to the next track, but waits? If so, RadioBOSS does it only for streams with specified duration. It will make a reconnection attempt. We can add a configuration option to control it.

No, I mean streaming of indefinite duration.
Take the following quiz.
At the time that this listening streaming, disable the network adapter. (this simulates a cut from the Internet).
It will look like after cutting transmission (when the buffer is empty) RB 2 seconds left in silence, before continuing with the other track.

This did not happen in previous versions.
He immediately went to the next track when the buffer is emptied.

djsoft said:
Do you mean when you play URL and network connection fails, RadioBOSS does not immediately go to the next track, but waits? If so, RadioBOSS does it only for streams with specified duration. It will make a reconnection attempt. We can add a configuration option to control it.
in my case RB activated silence...

pety said:
djsoft said:
in my case RB activated silence...
Yes, while it tries to reconnect (or determine that stream really failed) there will be silence. I've added it to the list of bugs.

Back