TEMPERATURE SENSOR

D

Derek

Good afternoon,
We have installed a temperature sensor from Comet systems the P8610, so we can measure are own temperatures as we noticed that openweather and other websites are not accurate. Is there a possiblity to connect this sensor to Radioboss?
Thank you in advance for your help

RadioBOSS can "read" text files (Playlist->Extra->Add text-to-speech). If the sensor comes with software, it may be possible to instruct it to generate a text file with weather announcement.

Hi, Yes the sensor creates files. We also have prepared time announcement ready so the purpose will be that RB reads the temperature generated by the sensor and plays the.mp3. Can you please tell me the steps i have to take to configure this as the manual is not clear for me. Thank you for your help.

I attached some files and also the manual. I asked a colleague who also uses this but he does not use it in combination with RB...  This interface has multiple interfaces. He has his system connected through http (like a webbrowser) and the system receives an answer in .xml format. There is no generation of files. I hope you can help me out with this as we have 2 stations running and want to implement this.

Attachments

• ie-snc-P86xx.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 264
  • event (2).csv
    109 bytes · Views: 246
  • export (1).csv
    10.7 KB · Views: 246
Quickly looking at it, I don't see a way to easily integrate it into RadioBOSS.

Theoretically it can be possible to run a scheduled event in RadioBOSS that will extract values from the .csv file and generate a text file with temperature announcement. But that will require some programming.

Hi Dmitry, maybe something to upgrade RB so other users can also use this type of configuration for weather announcements by programming something like connecting to an IP address. What kind of programming do you have in mind? Also want to say that in the manual is written that I need to make a playlist for automatic weather announcements and save it as an .m3u8 file. I created a playlist, saved it but the file is not visible. I must say that the manual concerning this topic is not very clear. Is it possible to create a step by step one because I want to integrate this into our system. Thank you Dmitry and looking fwd to your feedback

Derek said:
Hi Dmitry, maybe something to upgrade RB so other users can also use this type of configuration for weather announcements by programming something like connecting to an IP address.
Maybe we'll make it possible to read values from various CSV files, but as this is not requested frequently, the feature is not a priority right now...

Derek said:
What kind of programming do you have in mind?
You (or someone who you hire for the job) can create a script to extract weather data from the CSV file and create a text file. This text file will, in turn, be read by RadioBOSS using the Text-to-speech engine.

Derek said:
Also want to say that in the manual is written that I need to make a playlist for automatic weather announcements and save it as an .m3u8 file. I created a playlist, saved it but the file is not visible.
This is odd. If there were no error messages, then the playlist file will be created in the folder where you saved it. There are situations when this doesn't happen - e.g antivirus prevents the write or a virus removes the data... It's not a problem with RadioBOSS that's for sure.

Derek said:
I must say that the manual concerning this topic is not very clear. Is it possible to create a step by step one because I want to integrate this into our system
This manual give the general idea; http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/automatic_weather_announcement.htm - can you please tell me what's not working, and how do you set up (using the Text-to-Speech or using pre-recorded files)?

Back