Tracks not all being indexed in music library?

Hello,
So I have added several folders to my music library. In total, we're talking about like 6500 tracks, which is a LOT of music. However, I've noticed that while all files from the first two smaller folders get added just fine, and in the music library itself the bigger folder seems to get added, but then in the search tab, not all of the songs show up. Is there a limit to how many songs can show in the results? This is when nothing is typed in the search box, and I am just scrolling through whatever shows up there. I often do this when looking for inspiration, trying to find something I maybe haven't played in a while.
In addition to not everything showing up in the search window, sometimes I will go to insert a track in the playlist, and it won't be inserted. But, then I go to the file explorer and insert from there, and it works. So, it definitely seems like something is off.
Lastly, it also seems that once every few days, I go to search the music library, only to discover it was somehow wiped blank. Adding things back is easy enough, but it is enough to indicate that something is probably wrong.
I don't think it's a software problem, but could easilly be that I'm not doing something right. Any help is much appreciated.

but then in the search tab, not all of the songs show up. Is there a limit to how many songs can show in the results?
If you use Search feature in the player window, it's limited to 1000 results. This is for performance reasons.

I often do this when looking for inspiration, trying to find something I maybe haven't played in a while
You can sort the results, in this case you will see other 1000 tracks, e.g. if you sort by playcount it will select tracks with most/less playcount value (depending on sort direction).

Lastly, it also seems that once every few days, I go to search the music library, only to discover it was somehow wiped blank. Adding things back is easy enough, but it is enough to indicate that something is probably wrong.
Maybe you have a misconfigured event with the makelibrary command that does it. This is the only command that is able to modify Music Library.

Okay, so I will try the sorting to switch that up. Thanks for that tip.

No commands at all regarding the library. It just seems like every few days, while the library itself is still there, everything in it is gone.

What about songs not inserting from the search tab, but they do when I use the file explorer? I'm not 100% sure, but I think most of the tracks this happens with are .m4a files. So to be clear, when I try to insert a song from the search tab, right click on song, add to playlist, and nothing. But then when I go to the file explorer, and track down the file that way, it is added just fine. This can be rather frustrating with so many songs. It would be nice to have add to playlist work each and every time, and not have to use file explorer for this. There are times when file explorer is great, for example to add something recently downloaded and maybe something you will only use once, or for very specific resources where they are in a folder with few other files and so they are easy to find. But with over 6000 songs in a folder, tracking down something specific is a pain. Whatever is causing files to not insert from search really needs fixing. I hope you can track that down.

No commands at all regarding the library. It just seems like every few days, while the library itself is still there, everything in it is gone.
I'm not sure why this could happen, if not for makelibrary command. Other possibilities are disk failure, or if you have power outage and PC turns off abruptly, it may cause damage to database.

So to be clear, when I try to insert a song from the search tab, right click on song, add to playlist, and nothing.
I did a quick test and it works. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 6.2.2?

Hello,
Yes, I am running the latest version. :)
Also, I couldn't find a way in the search tab to sort by most played. All I found were artist/title, artist, title, year, bpm, and a few others I can't remember, but no way to sort by most played or popularity. Is this available in the search tab, or only in the actual library window? If it is, maybe I'm missing something.

Also, I couldn't find a way in the search tab to sort by most played. All I found were artist/title, artist, title, year, bpm, and a few others I can't remember, but no way to sort by most played or popularity.
Please right click the columns header in the search, enable the Playcount column, then you'll be able to sort using it.

I use a screen reader, and can't exactly figure out how to do that. If I could move by columns, I could use the application key, which simulates a right click, brings up the same menu, but I can't move by column. So, the only thing that comes up when I press aplications key is the menu to add to playlist, pre-listen, etc.

I use a screen reader, and can't exactly figure out how to do that. If I could move by columns, I could use the application key, which simulates a right click, brings up the same menu, but I can't move by column. So, the only thing that comes up when I press aplications key is the menu to add to playlist, pre-listen, etc.
There's another menu for the column header (it brings up the window where you can edit column set) - but I'm not aware of the hot key to call it. I added it to the list, we'll either make it possible to focus column header with TAB key or there'll be some other way to call this menu.

Hello,
I was able to enable the playcount column in the last update, but it still won't let me sort by playcount in the search options. Column is enabled, but it doesn't appear as an option to sort tracks by, from highest to lowest playcount.

I was able to enable the playcount column in the last update, but it still won't let me sort by playcount in the search options. Column is enabled, but it doesn't appear as an option to sort tracks by, from highest to lowest playcount.
You need to click on it to enable sorting, however the problem here is that it can't be focused. We'll find some solution for this.

Back