VST Major problem sound in/out

JeanXeb

Hello,

In radioboss 6.2.3.2 X64 for an unknown reason in the windows server logs the VST blocks the sound.
This generates an uncontrollable white in the studio.
You must then deactivate and reactivate the plugin for it to work again.
The plugin itself is there and has no error (it works) but it no longer has its in/out.
I did not receive any error message and the problem exists with several VST.
The failure can occur after 10 minutes after the launch of the software like 1 month...
I have this problem in different infrastructure and with different VST (windows server)

Cordialy

Last edited:
The failure can occur after 10 minutes after the launch of the software like 1 month...
It's probably a problem with VST bridge in RadioBOSS. Currently this can't really be fixed, especially if it only happens once a month - this makes it extremely hard to debug.
If you use StereoTool there's a standalone version of it that you can try instead.

From what I detected the problem happens if the program encounters a blank with the silence detector.
Following the detection of this silence, I detected the appearance of the fault.
If this can give a track to generate the bug.
All VST processing encounters this failure

From what I detected the problem happens if the program encounters a blank with the silence detector.
Following the detection of this silence, I detected the appearance of the fault.
If this can give a track to generate the bug.
All VST processing encounters this failure
What is causing the silence?
I don't see why VST plugin can fail because of the silence, it just won't receive any data for some time, but form plugin's "point of view", it doesn't matter, no data no processing, when it has data, it processes it and then waits for more data.

Sometimes it happens that the playlist is slightly too short ...but nothing serious I know how to solve this problem.
I make this simple observation with the silence detector.
After, it's probably just a coincidence.
In a particular studio for an unknown reason the problem happens quickly and often.
If there is a way to try to see what generates this failure I would like to do some tests or send logs ...

Last edited:
I had to reinstall the studio from A to Z in order to solve the problem
This problem follows a transition between the 32x version and the 64x bit version. (may be)
By comparing the player.ini and system.ini with files before and after reinstallation it appears that information was missing.
For the moment the audio does not cut in the bridge VST ... To be continued

If there is a way to try to see what generates this failure I would like to do some tests or send logs ...
There are no logs for VST plugins, but in case of any errors it will either show an error box, or add an entry to the Log in RadioBOSS (bottom left corner).

This problem follows a transition between the 32x version and the 64x bit version. (may be)
Why do you need to transition? If x86 (32-bit) version works fine then keep using it, there's really no practical need in using x64 edition.

There are no logs for VST plugins, but in case of any errors it will either show an error box, or add an entry to the Log in RadioBOSS (bottom left corner).

Why do you need to transition? If x86 (32-bit) version works fine then keep using it, there's really no practical need in using x64 edition.
My collaborators pushed me to change for supposedly better stability of the environment and the software
In 32bit, I was using a DSP... But since it does not run in radioboss 64 bits ...

My collaborators pushed me to change for supposedly better stability of the environment and the software
In 32bit, I was using a DSP... But since it does not run in radioboss 64 bits ...
VST plugins are typically available in both 32 and 64 bits. Winamp DSP plugins are 32-bit only.

Back