Cue Points

Hello!

I am suggesting a feature to place hooks in a playlist with pre-defined Cue In and Cue Out points set by the Track Tool. The availability to place a Hook into the playlist. Maybe adding another button in the playlist.

For example how it could be used:
"Within the next hour you will listen to the brand new song from Rihanna (SHORT HOOK HERE) Disturbia, that's the name of that creation. Also you will listen to Shakiras track Spotlight (ANOTHER HOOK HERE). That's the sound you love. Stay tuned."

On that attached screenshot you'll see how it's implemented in the software "mAirlist" since years.

Can I hope this feature will be added in RB?

Attachments

• 000004.jpg
    000004.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 525
RadioBOSS has Cue In/Cue Out feature, so you can make a copy of tracks and create short versions of them (those points are called Start and End in RadioBOSS): http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/track_tool.htm

We also have plans to add Hook In/Hook out points, but that's for the future, I think, RadioBOSS 5.7.

djsoft said:
RadioBOSS has Cue In/Cue Out feature, so you can make a copy of tracks and create short versions of them (those points are called Start and End in RadioBOSS): http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/track_tool.htm
Yes, I am using this function, but not for this situation.

djsoft said:
We also have plans to add Hook In/Hook out points, but that's for the future, I think, RadioBOSS 5.7.
Would be nice and more comfortable than copying a song only to make a shorter version. That blows up the libary. :)

djsoft said:

I second the request for the "Teaser" or "Coming up next" feature in RadioBoss.  Here is an example  https://clyp.it/1hkt2vob

The teaser comprises of elements :
Intro - "Coming up in the next half hour"
Transition - "Vinyl Record spinback"
End - "Stay tuned"

Using Track Tool, you would select a HOOK IN point and a HOOK OUT point as you do with START, INTRO etc.
The feature then plays the HOOK.

Intro - "Coming up in the next half hour"
HOOK - 1st song
HOOK - 1st song
HOOK - 2nd song
HOOK - 3rd song
HOOK - 4th song
End - "Stay tuned"

This feature should be available for scheduling, say on the hour, every half hour or both.  It should also be assignable to the playlist as a command and in addition have a shortcut key to fire it.

Noted, thanks! There's a good chance that the "hook" feature will be added in RadioBOSS 5.6.

The feature added in RadioBOSS 5.6: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4846.0.html

Yes, thanks. I detected it a few minutes ago! Awesome!
I'd wish to use specific files for Start/Transition/End. Maybe you could integrate an option to choose a specific file, not a directory?

Also: Do you wish a german translation? I could do this for you.

se-schwarz said:
Yes, thanks. I detected it a few minutes ago! Awesome!
I'd wish to use specific files for Start/Transition/End. Maybe you could integrate an option to choose a specific file, not a directory?
You can select a folder with only a single file, this will work. Also, neither of start/end/transition are mandatory, you can omit any of them.

se-schwarz said:
Also: Do you wish a german translation? I could do this for you.
Translation files are not ready yet - should be ready in 5.6.0.1 release - if you can help with updating the translation, that would be more than great :) When updated version is released, you can translate files in De folder and send them to support@djsoft.net.

djsoft said:
Translation files are not ready yet - should be ready in 5.6.0.1 release - if you can help with updating the translation, that would be more than great :) When updated version is released, you can translate files in De folder and send them to support@djsoft.net.
Still not ready yet. I started translation and optimization locally, but teaser strings seems to be still hardcoded.
Could you add the strings of the Teasers fuction within the next update (5.6.0.2), please? However, there are some ... bad german translations.

se-schwarz said:
Still not ready yet. I started translation and optimization locally, but teaser strings seems to be still hardcoded.
They are not hardcoded, the problem is that those strings are not added to language files yet :)

se-schwarz said:
Could you add the strings of the Teasers fuction within the next update (5.6.0.2), please? However, there are some ... bad german translations.
Yes, version .2 should have fully updated language files for all features.
My German knowledge is severely limited :) but if you can point out (or fix) bad translations, that would be great - please drop an email to support@djsoft.net so I can offer you something in exchange for the work.

Back