Teasers in TOTH?

Riddle

Hi there,

I'm stepping into the wonderful world of teasers.

We are trying to achieve the following. At this moment we use the Playlist Generator Pro which has an event to generate a playlist at xx:00 for the next hour. But, in the Top of the hour, we want to have a teaser. I'm fairly uncertain how to achieve this because it generates at :00 and the teaser needs to know the music it's going to play, so it's not creating any teasers.

Is there a how to available on how to get this up and running or do I need to create full playlists and not use the pro generator?

Thanks

Edit:

I achieved part of it by having an event at xx:58 create the playlist and at xx:59 an event to create the teasers. All well, but the teaser is being skipped. It just doesn't play

(I created an event with multiple actions, since it seems the mixpoint is not allright for the closer in the teaser settings. So one event with teaser (with starting sweeper) and a closer after it)

Both don't start

The easiest solution would be to include the teaser in the playlist using the playlist generator.

To add teaser at the beginning of the generated playlist:

1. Create teaser in RadioBOSS with the parameters you need. Select it, and copy the teaser command from the Filename field in the Track Information window (please see the screenshot).
You should get something like
Code:
TEASER=C:\teaser\Hook Begin 1 - male.mp3|||F|10|D:\Music|4|S|5000

2. Open Playlist Generator Pro.

3. Add a category. Check the "Use this category only once" option. In the Tracks tab, add the copied teaser string to the Tracks source list. Click OK.

4. Add the newly created category to the beginning of the playlist.

Now, when the playlist is generated, it will have a teaser at its beginning.

Attachments

• p1.png
    p1.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 436
Wow, seriously that easy, I was thinking way too difficult apparently. Quick test showed it played like a charm - now up to some more simple configuration 8) Thanks!

Last question: does the teaser script listen to setpoints for an mp3 file? Or is it better if I also put the starter of the teaser apart from the teaser script? I can't get the starter ?nd the teaser mixpoints just right at the same time

Riddle said:
does the teaser script listen to setpoints for an mp3 file?
It only checks start, end, hook in, hook out points for music tracks.

Riddle said:
I can't get the starter ?nd the teaser mixpoints just right at the same time
Currently teasers have a limitation - they do not mix with the following track. This will be fixed in RadioBOSS 5.7.

Nice!

It would also be very nice to know from the API when a song is going to be played. We made a script to request music on certain times, but we'd like our listeners to have an indication on when it's going to be played :) And maybe also put the playlist for upcoming tracks on the site with time lable

Thanks for the info!

Riddle said:
We made a script to request music on certain times, but we'd like our listeners to have an indication on when it's going to be played
Usually music licensing companies prevents such kind of song request usage (users requesting a song for a particular time and/or knowing when it's going to be played).

If you need this, you can use the API to retrieve playlist contents. Then you can analyze it to see if the requested song is there.

Good one. But it won't be there since we need to have the scheduler put up a request every xx minutes right? When it gets busy it could be that 1) no jingles will be played or much less and 2) it won't be known if the request is played the next '30 mins or so' because it's added directly after the next track.

Or is there another way to place it within this hour or put placeholders in the playlist generator?

Riddle said:
Or is there another way to place it within this hour or put placeholders in the playlist generator?
You can add it to the playlist generator the same way as you add teaser - include the playrequestedsong in the category tracks source.
It's untested, though, but I think should work.

I tried using playrequestedsong (which is indeed also in the manual).. it removes the track from the requested songs, but it doesn't play (jumps over the command in the playlist)

Is that because of global artist seperation settings anywhere?

Riddle said:
Is that because of global artist seperation settings anywhere?
It doesn't check repeat rules for the requested songs. Do you see any error messages in the log?

Can you please send a screenshot of the RadioBOSS window right after it performed the "playrequestedsong" command?

How's this? Before ?nd after ;)

https://gyazo.com/a3daeec78992c75b8ed3b54778c80c49
https://gyazo.com/af2305644efc3b5c04cdfcd4bd521102

It appears that you have logging turned off - please enable it in settings: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/log_files___reports.htm

The "Create report" should be turned on.

Now I see some more. Which is this:

https://gyazo.com/e88874b4b0c3f0f917bfdffbab71e5b8

(again, song isn't played, but it is removed from the song requests window)

Thanks

This does not reproduce here - the song plays as it should. Do you use the latest RadioBOSS 5.6.2?

Back