• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]  (Read 70608 times)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
Re: RadioBOSS 5.7 [beta]
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2017, 09:29:31 AM »
Yes, good points - the next version will somehow mark the presence of "Auto Intro" and allow to select where to play the file.
It's not really necessary to mark any point. The autointro point coincides with the intro point that can be marked years ago in the songs, using TrackTool.
Quote from: nelson c on December 17, 2017, 12:01:03 AM
Each time you minimize and Max the program, the left pane returns to its default width.
This only happens under certain circumstances (IIRC, it depends on left panel size when it's not maximized). We narrowed this down to bug in the underlying UI library (VCL) - it's reported to its developers but it appears they still hadn't fixed it.
The strange thing is that this error appeared in RB 5.7 above worked well

Quote from: nelson c on December 17, 2017, 12:01:03 AM
External SQL server (to work on network PC), will be implemented in this beta?
Currently it'll only work with local database (SQLite) - we'll see how things do with it.
I hope it will be added soon. My playlists are generated in network on another PC, and with local SQL I can not prove these new improvements ;)

Open some place in the interface to see the Autointo? We need to see when it starts. So the announcer finishes talking before this jingle starts. And that there is the possibility of removing it manually.
I would also like an option to turn this feature on and off. (Very useful for moments that there is no speaker. But when you are operating live can be annoying)
Also a command the planner to activate or deactivate this would be great

Very interesting to see the temperature and humidity in the main window. I just do not want to waste the remaining time to finish the hour. Maybe you could shrink the font and insert another line to show this information?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 09:53:15 AM by nelson c »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2017, 09:48:14 AM »
When you activate "Cache file tags" disappeared, the number of reproductions that had the songs, the last reproduction and most importantly the rating (which I use in PlayList Gen Pro) We need an option to migrate that data to SQLite :)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 09:52:26 AM »
Library error: When I add songs to the library, the duration is marked as "-: -". If I select "Recalculate the duration" now it is calculated correctly

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 10:09:33 AM »
I had some .wav speech files set to play as an introduction to music tracks and they didn't play.
Did you use the Auto Intro feature, or played the file directly? Please send one of the failing .wav files to support@djsoft.net, we'll test it.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2017, 10:14:58 AM »
It's not really necessary to mark any point. The autointro point coincides with the intro point that can be marked years ago in the songs, using TrackTool.
Sometimes there are no intro points set, or one don't want to play it at the intro point - so we'll also offer custom position, e.g end Intro file playback 1 second after music track starts.

The strange thing is that this error appeared in RB 5.7 above worked well
It's been knows since at least RB 5.4, it only occurs under certain circumstances, sometimes it works fine, sometimes not.

I would also like an option to turn this feature on and off.
Yes, it'll be possible to turn it on/off in the Auto Intro window, and also scheduler commands to do so.

Very interesting to see the temperature and humidity in the main window. I just do not want to waste the remaining time to finish the hour. Maybe you could shrink the font and insert another line to show this information?
In this case, the font will be too small. It's possible to make it wider, though. This will be considered.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2017, 10:18:26 AM »
Sometimes there are no intro points set
I would like an option for the tracks without marked intro point are excluded from Autointro :)

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2017, 10:30:02 AM »
Sometimes there are no intro points set
I would like an option for the tracks without marked intro point are excluded from Autointro :)
This will be added too I think.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2017, 12:43:17 PM »
About ADS:
-In separators it would be interanste to have probability too. To decide how many commercials a separator is inserted.

-Bug: Separators are not taken into account for block time (when using Sweapers)

Great improvements:  :)
- Improved search feature
- alternate audio tracks for advert (ADS)
-"Shuffle playlist" feature redesigned (ADS)

rossedj9

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2017, 03:42:54 PM »
Hello, The form does not appear to be able to acquire the beta key.
 ::)

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2017, 12:58:47 AM »
In separators it would be interanste to have probability too. To decide how many commercials a separator is inserted.
I'm not sure...  it would sound odd if some ads are separated, and some are not. Separators are required for some radios to mark where one ad ends and another begins.

Bug: Separators are not taken into account for block time (when using Sweapers)
This is by design - it only accounts for advert time, nothing else. Perhaps an option should be added to control if separators are accounted in duration calculation.

Great improvements: 
- Improved search feature
- alternate audio tracks for advert (ADS)
-"Shuffle playlist" feature redesigned (ADS)
Thank you :)

Are there any error messages?

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2017, 05:47:43 AM »
I'm not sure...  it would sound odd if some ads are separated, and some are not. Separators are required for some radios to mark where one ad ends and another begins.
This is law in some country?
Here there is nothing to legislate it, and I think identifying each advertisement may sound repetitive.

This is by design - it only accounts for advert time, nothing else. Perhaps an option should be added to control if separators are accounted in duration calculation.
Those of us who use Sweapers need the duration to be exact. If this does not happen sweapers are useless. By this I mean I do not think you need to add an option to activate or deactivate this. If there are sweapers and rotations in the configuration, I believe that "taking rotations into account" is always necessary. :)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2017, 10:24:46 AM »
I need information to read and write tags using the API.
Also there is some API command to get the log?

DavenLC

• LiquidNoise
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2017, 07:03:53 AM »
Is there an "Allow only One Instance of Radio Boss" button?  I think it was in the previous versions, but can not find it.  The beta version crashes or restarts and 2 RB's open up. I also try to send the Bug Report, but it says 0 Bug Reports found.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2017, 01:40:47 PM »
I think there was an option before that did not read the Tag's of the tracks. Is it possible to add it again? When working with synchronized remote playlists (via Google Drive), the tracks are not with me. Then I only see the name of the file instead of the metadata contained in the playlist

rossedj9

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2017, 03:37:42 PM »
 ::)
How do the alternative tracks work in the advertising programmer?