Ability to treat multiple event items as a group in playlist

Maestro232

I suggested another method as a feature request to solve a particular problem I have, which is having new scheduled events inject themselves in the queue between the current track and a closer I have for that particular program. This is another way to solve the problem and perhaps one is easier to build than the other or useful to more people.

The idea is when scheduling an event with multiple events, there would be an option to have the multiple items go in the queue as a group so that any new tracks that are scheduled into the queue while any of the events in the multiple events group are playing, it would put the new track after the group.

For example, let's say I fire an event at 8:30 that puts this into the queue:

Opener.mp3 (8:30:45)
Program.mp3 (8:30:45)
Closer.mp3 (8:49:45)

If I fire a new event at 8:45:00 while program.mp3 is still playing (before the closer plays), I'd like it to show up after the group that was created by my multiple event. like this:

Opener.mp3 (8:30:45)
Program.mp3 (8:30:45)
Closer.mp3 (8:49:45)
New-Song.mp3 (8:50:30)

The option could be on the event that has multiple events called "Treat multiple events as a group in playlist" or something like that.

In this case, you should use the "If there are scheduled tracks in the playlist, enqueue" option - it will insert the new event after all other events in the playlist.

If you also insert music using the scheduler, enable the "Insert as regular playlist tracks" option for the music event.  This way music tracks will not interfere with the scheduled events queue.

Back