DJSoft.Net
English Deutsch Espanol Русский
RadioBOSS
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.
Read MoreDownloadBuy Now

Author Topic: MySQL vs SQLite  (Read 395 times)

pety

• Experienced user
MySQL vs SQLite
« on: June 13, 2019, 03:44:55 AM »
I would like to test Databases in RadioBOSS.
Which is faster and stable too?
SQLite looks more portable, but I know that MySQL is heavier (i use it in web development). MySQL needs more resources.
Any advice?

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
Re: MySQL vs SQLite
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 12:32:56 PM »
We have been working with MySQL for months, and the truth is 100% stable.  and the performance is excellent.

pety

• Experienced user
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 09:03:02 PM »
We have been working with MySQL for months, and the truth is 100% stable.  and the performance is excellent.
Thanks a lot !
What about system requirements?

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2019, 02:48:50 AM »
SQLite looks more portable, but I know that MySQL is heavier (i use it in web development). MySQL needs more resources.
Any advice?
SQLite does not require any configuration, just turn it on in RadioBOSS settings and that's it. MySQL requires you to install the database (MySQL or, better, MariaDB) and input connection information into RadioBOSS.

In terms of resources, there's no difference between the two, we've tested it on huge databases and it performed very well.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

pety

• Experienced user
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2019, 09:07:29 AM »
In terms of resources, there's no difference between the two, we've tested it on huge databases and it performed very well.
It seems SQLite will be the choice. Thanks a lot !