MySQL vs SQLite

pety

I would like to test Databases in RadioBOSS.
Which is faster and stable too?
SQLite looks more portable, but I know that MySQL is heavier (i use it in web development). MySQL needs more resources.
Any advice?

We have been working with MySQL for months, and the truth is 100% stable.  and the performance is excellent.

nelson c said:
We have been working with MySQL for months, and the truth is 100% stable.  and the performance is excellent.
Thanks a lot !
What about system requirements?

pety said:
SQLite looks more portable, but I know that MySQL is heavier (i use it in web development). MySQL needs more resources.
Any advice?
SQLite does not require any configuration, just turn it on in RadioBOSS settings and that's it. MySQL requires you to install the database (MySQL or, better, MariaDB) and input connection information into RadioBOSS.

In terms of resources, there's no difference between the two, we've tested it on huge databases and it performed very well.

djsoft said:
In terms of resources, there's no difference between the two, we've tested it on huge databases and it performed very well.
It seems SQLite will be the choice. Thanks a lot !

I selected SQLite.
I made some libraries (XML).

If RB stores Libraries in XML files where and how SQLite works?

pety said:
If RB stores Libraries in XML files where and how SQLite works?
SQLite is used to store additional information (playcount, custom fades etc). In the future, we'll get rid of XML completely and use SQLite only.

djsoft said:
SQLite is used to store additional information (playcount, custom fades etc). In the future, we'll get rid of XML completely and use SQLite only.
Excellent, thanks! Now displaying tracks with "Read additional track information" is very fast on my laptop. I'll check in production too.

I don't know if it is allowed to bring old topics back to life. I wanted to start a topic with the same name, but Google found me this topic. I wonder which base is faster? Is Mysql or SQLite faster?

I don't know if it is allowed to bring old topics back to life. I wanted to start a topic with the same name, but Google found me this topic. I wonder which base is faster? Is Mysql or SQLite faster?
SQLite will be faster because it does not involve network layer, it works in the application memory space directly.

Back