How To create different music hours and automatically generate & load them

technic-crew-at

Hi,

how is it possible to generate and load different playlist generator presets for creating a daily scheduling with different music hours?

We?ve created different presets at the playlist generator pro. Then we can create playlists via the scheduling wizard at given times and we can create load playlist scheduling event for each hour, but there is the problem: when I create a playlist for the next hour at :00 how can I load this playlist, when the next hour loading event happens at :54?

Regards,

Can you please provide more specifics on what's not working? It appears that you do everything correctly - create playlist and launch it at desired time.

Till now we only have one playlist preset and one scheduling for creating and loading, but as I wrote: is there an example for creating and loading more than one preset?

How can I create different playlist hours? Can you show me an example please - is there a short video?

technic-crew-at said:
Till now we only have one playlist preset and one scheduling for creating and loading, but as I wrote: is there an example for creating and loading more than one preset?
It's no different than creating one preset, you just create another event that starts a different preset at a different time.

technic-crew-at said:
How can I create different playlist hours? Can you show me an example please - is there a short video?
You can schedule e.g. "preset1" at 01.00, then "preset2" at 02.00 etc.

OK, but how can I start a preset?! Till now we generate 25 Playlists for one day each day. and we load each playlist for each hour. Is this the wrong way?

Can I start presets without having to create playlists?

I?ve attached the two scheduler settings, which are running till now.

Attachments

• 2020-01-17_12h41_40.png
    2020-01-17_12h41_40.png
    55 KB · Views: 353
  • 2020-01-17_12h41_54.png
    2020-01-17_12h41_54.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 358
technic-crew-at said:
OK, but how can I start a preset?! Till now we generate 25 Playlists for one day each day. and we load each playlist for each hour. Is this the wrong way?
If you want one playlist for one hour, why 25 playlists? The rest appears to be correct, one event creates playlist and another launches them. This is the correct and recommedned way.

If you need to generate a playlist using a preset and start it right away, use the wizard when you create an event. But this has downsides, as creating a playlist can take some time, and playlist launch could be delayed. The way you do it now (create playlists and start them later) is better.

If you need to generate a playlist using a preset and start it right away, use the wizard when you create an event. But this has downsides, as creating a playlist can take some time, and playlist launch could be delayed. The way you do it now (create playlists and start them later) is better.

Exactly, this is the problem. I cannot schedule different playlist presets for one day - how can I do that? There is no scheduler plan or anything like that, where I can assign the preset to specific hours.

You'll need to create an event for each preset and configure its start time accordingly. One event for one preset. For events either use "start time" and "repeat" features, or use the "Hours" option to make event start at desired time.

OK, but how can I avoid, that the playlist creation event, which needs to start at 5:00 for the 5 time hour, lasts to long in order to start, while the playlist start event has to happen at 5 o clock also? That?s my big problem. Playlists needs to be created prior (before playlist start event), but there is no setting for this?

In this case, you need to create another set of events to create playlists before they launch. There's an option in the event wizard to generate a playlist and save it to a file - please see the image attrached.

You run the "create and save playlist" events e.g. 15 minutes before the playlist supposed to play (to make sure the playlist is ready, adjust it depending on how long your playlists are created).

For instance,

04.45 - create and save a playlist to a file (e.g. "playlist.m3u8")
05.00 - start "playlist.m3u8" playlist

Attachments

• save.png
    save.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 303
Thanks, but would the filename of the playlist be xy-04.m3u8, if this generated at 4:45, while the playlist loading event searches for xy-05.m3u8? How can I control the ?hh parameter at the event wizard?

Will the %nn parameter at the generation event of playlists be accurate, when I create playlists for 8,9 and 10 o clock for preset 1 and for preset 2 11, 12, 13 o clock - so that the filename of each playlist has the right on air hour or would a new playlist generation event start at 1 when the %nn parameter is called again?

Is the song history of the different playlist preset shared to each other?

technic-crew-at said:
Thanks, but would the filename of the playlist be xy-04.m3u8, if this generated at 4:45, while the playlist loading event searches for xy-05.m3u8? How can I control the ?hh parameter at the event wizard?
I don't think you need this parameter at all. You can have an event run at any hour, at minute :45 and save a playlist using a fixed file name e.g. "hour.m3u8", the following event just loads this "hour.m3u8" playlist.

If you need the ?hh to be "4" when the actual hour is "5", you can use template adjustments: add ?-1h to the end of the file name in the scheduled event. This is explained in the manual: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

technic-crew-at said:
Is the song history of the different playlist preset shared to each other?
Yes, when you create a playlist, it checks the "last played" tag that is stored per-song to prevent repeats.

Thanks, I?m trying to create scheduler events for a single preset, where the playlists should be generated per hour from 6 to 9 o clock with the following parameter:
run PlaylistGeneratorPro.exe "-preset=XY-Morgens-2019" "-out=K:\Material\Boss01\Playlists-gemischt\playlist_%nn?+6h.m3u8" -n=4

But the playlist filename starts with 00, 01, 02... How can I ensure that the playlist filenames has the correct hours like 06,07,08 and 09?

You can use the -s=6 parameter to make it start naming with "6". Please see this user manual section for more information: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/plgen_command_line_interface.htm

Back